-   Linux - Certification (
-   -   RHCE -> Novell CLP (SLES 11) (

stef80 02-03-2012 01:29 PM

RHCE -> Novell CLP (SLES 11)
Just found out about it. It seems you can get Novell's "Certified Linux Professional" (SLES 11) if you already got RHCE.
1. First you need to register your RHCE with Novell:

2. Then apply for "050-732 Novell Certified Linux Professional 11 for Red Hat Certified Engineers®" exam at VUE. Exam cost is $55. It covers subtle differences between SLES and RHEL. It is not "practicum" exam.

You can even get free test prep material at Novell:

tanveer 02-03-2012 03:04 PM

From the blog as below
PHP Code:

..... I passed the 2 CompTIA Linuxexamsthen forwarded these to LPI to get LPIC-1, and then forwarded LPIC-1 to Novell.)

Turns out that earning Novell CLAalso qualifies you for Novell Data Center Technical Specialist (DCTS)!  This is one of the specializations for solution providers and system integrators in Novell’s PartnerNet.  So by passing the 2 CompTIA Linuxexamsyou qualify for FOUR certifications – Linux+, LPIC-1Novell CLA, and Novell DCTS... 

So CLA is different and is lower than CLP, I guess.

stef80 02-04-2012 06:02 AM

Cla < clp < cle

tanveer 02-04-2012 08:49 AM

nice thanks ..
so for the exam just the test manual and prep link you gave below are enough?

In personvue under Novell it says below
Testing Program: Novell Testing
Exam: 050-732: Novell Certified Linux Professional 11 for Red Hat Certified Engineers®
Price: $US 125.00

Is it this exam or there is another one?

stef80 02-04-2012 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I login at VUE I get $55. See attachment.
I don't know if prep materials are enough but I'll definitely try when I get my RHCE. Company where I work uses both distros, SLES and CentOS.

tanveer 02-04-2012 11:23 AM

hmm.. weird .. but thanks.
I will talk with them directly then.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.