LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #46
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936

Mass Surveillance Does Not Work Says UN WatchDog
Quote:
Published on Mar 16, 2017

United Nations Watchdog claims that there is no substantial evidence that claims that mass surveillance works.
Click image for larger version

Name:	you don't say.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24530
 
Old 03-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #47
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Considering the continuing issue of mass surveillance I feel this is relevant here:

Lionel Nation - Customs Can Demand a US Citizen to Surrender a Phone Password to Reenter Their Own Country
Quote:
Published on Mar 16, 2017

Suppose you are an American citizen returning home from a trip abroad, and a customs official asks you for your electronic devices and social media passwords. Legal and media analyst Lionel of Lionel Media joins RT America’s Ashlee Banks to answer whether this practice is legal.
-edit

Now my juvenile side is coming out, I am thinking of what I would put on my phone just to troll and get some sort of reaction from said customs agent, something just to make him/her go ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	will smith.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	24533


Last edited by Jeebizz; 03-16-2017 at 09:04 PM.
 
Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #48
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
RT Crosstalk - Deep State
 
Old 03-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #49
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
H.A. Goodman - NEWSWEEK ACCUSES WIKILEAKS AND ASSANGE OF WORKING WITH RUSSIA: Newsweek Works with Democrats
Quote:
Published on Mar 18, 2017

WHAT IS JULIAN ASSANGE’S GAME? HELPING PUTIN, IT SEEMS

http://www.newsweek.com/what-julian-...t-seems-568616
 
Old 03-21-2017, 01:31 AM   #50
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Obama used NSA & FBI to spy on Trump – veteran CIA officer
Quote:
Published on Mar 20, 2017

The mighty CIA has fallen victim to a major breach, with WikiLeaks revealing the true scope of the Agency’s ability for cyber-espionage. Its tools seem to be aimed at ordinary citizens – your phone, your car, your TV, even your fridge can become an instrument of surveillance in the hands of the CIA. How does the CIA use these tools, and why do they need them in the first place? And as WikiLeaks promises even more revelations, how is all of this going to shape the already tense relationship between new president and the intelligence community? A man who has spent over two decades in the CIA’s clandestine service – Gary Berntsen is on SophieCo.
 
Old 03-21-2017, 11:49 PM   #51
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
https://www.rt.com/news/381660-snowd...eo-conference/

Edward Snowden talks Russia, ‘spy’ microwaves & web security at tech conference

Speaking via video link at technology conference CeBIT in Germany, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden denied being Russia’s “pawn,” and predicted that the NSA’s spying practices are unlikely to change under Donald Trump.
‘Stop breaking the law’: Snowden fires back at Comey https://www.rt.com/usa/381554-snowden-nsa-fbi-law/
Quote:
Published on Mar 21, 2017

Edward Snowden has reacted to the testimony from the directors of the FBI and the NSA discussing whistleblowers before the House Intelligence Committee. As Congressman Trey Gowdy asked whether journalists can be prosecuted for reporting on classified information, Snowden noted that Comey didn't outright say, "No." For more on this, Coleen Rowley, former FBI agent and whistleblower joins RT America's Simone Del Rosario to discuss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g (because I can't resist )

Last edited by Jeebizz; 03-23-2017 at 12:00 PM.
 
Old 03-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #52
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Vault 7 Dark Matter:

https://wikileaks.org/vault7/darkmatter/
 
Old 03-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #53
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
H.A. Goodman - WIKILEAKS DARK MATTER EXPOSES CIA HACKING APPLE IPHONE: Apple Products Not Safe from CIA Hacking
Quote:
Published on Mar 23, 2017

NRCC claims Obama surveillance of Trump 'confirmed'
and this:

Lionel Nation - Trump and His Transition Team Were Illegally Surveilled By Intelligence Agencies
Quote:
Published on Mar 23, 2017

Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward said that allegations from a report that say President Trump's transition team was named in surveillance reports of foreign individuals would be "gross violations."

A couple of diplomats who were legitimately wiretapped were talking about meeting Trump or his team, Woodward said. President Trump's claim that former President Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower's phones during last year's presidential campaign. Will prove to be true.
 
Old 03-23-2017, 09:25 PM   #54
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
FYI ... Trump's use of the word "wiretap" is, by his own admission in a recent telephone interview with Time magazine, both colloquially and literally "far beyond anything that President Richard M. Nixon ever could have dreamed of."

He is in fact speaking generically of "surveillance," and I quite-frankly believe that, "in this, he is ahead of his time."

On Tuesday (say ...) he, as a card-carrying Head of State, has a supposedly-secret(!) conversation with another Head of State ... and yet, "here he is, reading about it in the newspapers."

Quite honestly, the fundamental issue here is not so simple(!) as "a matter of today's political opponents." Instead, IMHO, it appears to center around two things:
  1. The utterly-ubiquitous nature of "eavesdropping, by whatever technical means." Among political opponents, and within the Federal Government, and(!) everywhere(!!) else.
  2. An apparently-stupendous leak in the bastion that is supposed to exist between "US Government state secrets™" and everyplace-else, which right now appears to consist of Swiss Cheese.

So, is the concept that "this is secret" utterly obsolete in the 21st Century? I, for one, do not(!) think so. In fact, my lifetime-long perception of "a fundamental of the information industry" has always been that "we are tasked with a very-sacred(!) duty of protecting [business ...] secrets on behalf of our clients and employers."

How much more "vital, therefore precious," should be "the State Secrets of a nation?!"

. . .

But, even so, "what about our [personal ... "not so" ...] secrets?" Is there not anywhere left on Planet Earth where we can assert, "it's nobody's business but mine?"

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 03-23-2017 at 09:40 PM.
 
Old 03-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #55
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
FYI ... Trump's use of the word "wiretap" is, by his own admission in a recent telephone interview with Time magazine, both colloquially and literally "far beyond anything that President Richard M. Nixon ever could have dreamed of."

He is in fact speaking generically of "surveillance," and I quite-frankly believe that, "in this, he is ahead of his time."

On Tuesday (say ...) he, as a card-carrying Head of State, has a supposedly-secret(!) conversation with another Head of State ... and yet, "here he is, reading about it in the newspapers."

Quite honestly, the fundamental issue here is not so simple(!) as "a matter of today's political opponents." Instead, IMHO, it appears to center around two things:
  1. The utterly-ubiquitous nature of "eavesdropping, by whatever technical means." Among political opponents, and within the Federal Government, and(!) everywhere(!!) else.
  2. An apparently-stupendous leak in the bastion that is supposed to exist between "US Government state secrets™" and everyplace-else, which right now appears to consist of Swiss Cheese.

So, is the concept that "this is secret" utterly obsolete in the 21st Century? I, for one, do not(!) think so. In fact, my lifetime-long perception of "a fundamental of the information industry" has always been that "we are tasked with a very-sacred(!) duty of protecting [business ...] secrets on behalf of our clients and employers."

How much more "vital, therefore precious," should be "the State Secrets of a nation?!"

. . .

But, even so, "what about our [personal ... "not so" ...] secrets?" Is there not anywhere left on Planet Earth where we can assert, "it's nobody's business but mine?"
At this point I bet the dems would have wished to just shut the hell up about Russia because things just get worse for them:

H.A. Goodman - OBAMA OFFICIALS FACING CRIMINAL CHARGES FOR UNMASKING TRUMP TEAM: Bob Woodward Explains Charges
H.A. Goodman - OBAMA OFFICIALS COMMITTED CRIMES SPYING ON TRUMP: Trump Could Indict Obama Officials
Quote:
Published on Mar 23, 2017

Bob Woodward: If Obama "Unmasked" Trump Team's Names It Would Be A "Gross Violation"
Or I am sure they would wish Mr. Goodman would also shut up for outright calling them on their b/s. I see a lot of projection from the dems, about how Trump colluded with Russia, well I am more inclined at this point to maybe take Trump's side that his predecessor and opponent did spy on him for nefarious reasons. Again at this point I am more sympathetic to Trump, nothing I have seen that would support the dem's claim about Trump and Russia or anything with Russia.

Right now the media and more importantly in this thread - the dems are besides themselves. Their queen lost, and I am in agreement with Mr. Goodman - they only have themselves to blame for Trump. If they the dems hadn't shit on their own base and gone with Hillary, we wouldn't be in this freak-show, but they did and they cheated a legitimate candidate. So at this point by a very small margin, Trump has credibility in his claims that he was tapped, whether by phone (wiretap - which includes cell - since the term is used generically now) - or whatever other surveillance may have been utilised during the election, rather than the dem's claims of 'Muh Russians.' Not like it is stopping the shills:

Quote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39371209

FBI 'double standard' in election campaign, says Podesta

Hillary Clinton's former campaign manager, John Podesta, tells the BBC the FBI has exercised a double standard in its treatment of the two candidates.
Even if say the investigation weren't re-opened - I do not see how that would have given her an advantage, and there he goes with them Russians again. I am sure any leader from any country would have had his/her own preference in who would have won, but that is no grounds for accusations. There was no evidence of collusion, it is most likely it was a leaker and in this case if that affected some voters, I don't care, but Russia was/is just a red herring (no pun intended). The dems are just sore because they were the ones who were exposed on how low Podesta and co would go to make sure Hillary was the nomination.

The more calls for impeachment at this point, the more you just have to realise that there is no basis. There is no grounds for impeaching Trump, but there are plenty of grounds for legal consequences from the losing party, not like it will happen though - after all Donna Brazile is still at the DNC - and not like she actually meant that she was really sorry for providing the debate questions, and carrying out other forms of fraud. She was only sorry that she was caught, she only lost her position at CNN, oh no! And Debbie Wasserman Schultz is still trolling along with the party. I dunno about you, but if this is technically tampering with an election, should they not face some sort of real consequence for their actions?

The elections were not hacked, and if I remember correctly even the dems during the heat of the election stated the same thing:

Quote:
http://conservativetribune.com/media...ing-elections/

Before President-elect Donald Trump won the election and before the left began peddling the notion that the Russians hacked the election in Trump’s favor, President Barack Obama had a few words to say about rigged elections, and they’re not something you’ll find the mainstream media reporting anytime soon.
Also:

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politi...ing-explained/

No, the presidential election can't be hacked
This is CNN - I guess they forgot that they published this since they along with the rest are now on hyper-drive trying to push the Russia hacking - Too bad they did not delete their own article, not like it matters someone would have archived it anyways - so no way an Orwellian tactic like just deleting the article would work.

As I stated before, if things keep on like this, then I will be sure to do my part in locking out the dems in 2018, and 2020 - and I will be sure to have my MAGA hat , and a dank-Pepe shirt, the dankiest pepe meme shirt there is.. so many to choose from I cannot decide - https://www.redbubble.com/shop/rare+pepe+t-shirts


People will see this on here as me treating this as a joke. Well the whole thing is a joke anyways (a bad one), but its my vote and I don't care if I don't vote 'the way I am supposed to.' I have no reason to vote for a dem until their house is cleansed from the vermin that resides within. Dems claim Trump is destroying the country, well so are they - at least in this case I can choose who will get that honour...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1489632205338.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	24587

Last edited by Jeebizz; 03-24-2017 at 01:02 AM.
 
Old 03-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #56
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
Right now the media and more importantly in this thread - the dems are besides themselves. Their queen lost, and I am in agreement with Mr. Goodman - they only have themselves to blame for Trump. If they the dems hadn't shit on their own base and gone with Hillary, we wouldn't be in this freak-show, but they did and they cheated a legitimate candidate. So at this point by a very small margin, Trump has credibility in his claims that he was tapped, whether by phone (wiretap - which includes cell - since the term is used generically now) - or whatever other surveillance may have been utilised during the election, rather than the dem's claims of 'Muh Russians.'
As I said months ago, when I correctly predicted what would happen, Trump was assured of the victory at the moment he announced his candidacy. He promised to say exactly what people wanted said: "Yer fired!"

Donald Trump is neither a Republican nor a Democrat: he is Donald Trump. Professional politicians, and media folks professional propagandists, want somehow to see in him one of their own. But he isn't, and that's why they can't figure him out. He operates by gut instincts as well as a very shrewd understanding of human nature. That's why he's worth a hundred times more than any and every other politician in Washington ... and he didn't earn it through political corruption. If the Republicans had not permitted him to run under their umbrella, he would have beaten both parties handily.

Quote:
Even if say the investigation weren't re-opened - I do not see how that would have given her an advantage, and there he goes with them Russians again. I am sure any leader from any country would have had his/her own preference in who would have won, but that is no grounds for accusations. There was no evidence of collusion, it is most likely it was a leaker and in this case if that affected some voters, I don't care, but Russia was/is just a red herring (no pun intended). The dems are just sore because they were the ones who were exposed on how low Podesta and co would go to make sure Hillary was the nomination.
If they could, the Democrats would mount a "house coup," remove Trump and everyone associated with him and install "Madame President" to continue the corrupt political rule that they're accustomed to. A "temporary state of emergency," a "provisonal government," and all the other things that you know from any banana republic. But, they can't. They would assassinate him outright, if they could, but the Secret Service does their job very faithfully, and in any case that would leave "President Pence," who (whew!) at least would be "a professional politician, again."

USA Today fairly gushed with the notion of seeing "President Pence," in an editorial that contained veiled-but-obvious threats against the President, whom they obviously despise. However, they don't have the true measure of Mr. Pence, either. Once again, they see only what they want to see.

Their problem is that the American people don't despise him.

Furthermore: the American people didn't vote for "a Republican." They voted for Donald Trump. They voted to reject what both established parties stood for. And, right now, the Republicans see only what they want to see. They see "one of their own." But, Donald Trump is his own boss. He is not a Republican.

Many "powers that be" simply assumed that Hillary would win the election, because "she was one of their own." She had already been President – effectively – for eight years. (S)He was the one who signed the NAFTA treaty, and she would have persuaded the Chinese to resurrect TPP, and within eight years the whole damned country would have been broke except for the handful of populous States who voted for her. (In some cases, though, quite narrowly.)

Quote:
The more calls for impeachment at this point, the more you just have to realise that there is no basis. There is no grounds for impeaching Trump, but there are plenty of grounds for legal consequences from the losing party, not like it will happen though.
There will be no impeachment. Ever. You can quote me on that. Donald Trump is the most un-conventional President that we have ever had in the history of this nation ... but this just might be what the doctor ordered. The bottom line is that Donald Trump is the President that the American people wanted, in the vast majority of the states and, were it not for the State of California, also the majority of the public. (California has a population equal that of New York and Texas combined; the number of voters in that one state is more than the population of 19 states combined; the "margin of victory" claimed is more than the population of 42 states.)

The voting process in the USA, fortunately, was not totally computerized by "paperless" machines, and now I hope that it will become certain that "paperless" technology will not be further deployed.

The thing that is now being touted as "repeal of Obamacare" is actually "to put in place" a different bill that Ryan has been writing for a long time. It's a bad bill, and I predict that it won't get passed. It doesn't address the fundamental problem that health care cannot be provided for profit. It will be a much more adroit test of statesmanship to bring to this country what it needs – a National Health Service – and Ryan's bill needs to fail first. I'm gonna stick my neck out and call it: "It will fail. But, the ACA won't survive, either."

The most serious problem – for which Trump is ordering an investigation that no doubt will be ##CLASSIFIED## – is basically that there are moles traitors in very high-security positions within the Federal Government, who are "leaking" betraying state secrets ... including the content of the President's supposedly-secure conversation with another Head of State. I sincerely hope that one day these people will face the firing squad.

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 03-24-2017 at 08:42 AM.
 
Old 03-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #57
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Donald Trump is neither a Republican nor a Democrat: he is Donald Trump. Professional politicians, and media folks professional propagandists, want somehow to see in him one of their own. But he isn't, and that's why they can't figure him out. He operates by gut instincts as well as a very shrewd understanding of human nature. That's why he's worth a hundred times more than any and every other politician in Washington ... and he didn't earn it through political corruption. If the Republicans had not permitted him to run under their umbrella, he would have beaten both parties handily.
I cannot help but draw a parallel to Ross Perot then, because he was probably in the same income bracket as Trump ran - but yes he was defeated because if I remember correctly he did run as a third party candidate and not on a Republican platform. I do not think that the Republicans willingly allowed Trump to run - sure he may have said some things they liked, but he was obviously railing against the establishment of both sides as well. The Republicans could have pulled a Clinton and just cheated Trump out like Sanders was cheated out, but in regards to Trump I liken it as more of a hostile takeover of the Republicans like a hostile corporate takeover - since I am sure Trump has had experience in that sort of thing maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
If they could, the Democrats would mount a "house coup," remove Trump and everyone associated with him and install "Madame President" to continue the corrupt political rule that they're accustomed to. A "temporary state of emergency," a "provisonal government," and all the other things that you know from any banana republic. But, they can't. They would assassinate him outright, if they could, but the Secret Service does their job very faithfully, and in any case that would leave "President Pence," who (whew!) at least would be "a professional politician, again."
Just shows how low they will sink to for power, but I do not see how they could possibly think that Pence would be better for them because there is no guarantee that Pence would fall in line with what they would want either. My support of Trump is on principle - he is the legitimate president - and I have not seen any worthy criticism - it is all just 'Trump is bad', 'Hitler' , etc. He cannot win with them either way - say he does some how uplifts the economy in years to come, and/or makes significant progress in peace negotiations some how - it won't matter because it is Trump and everything he does is wrong. Thats why all joking aside in my previous post with my Pepe shirts and MAGA hats, I will support Trump - because the dems have done nothing to come with any real counter argument against Trump. I wholeheartedly agree he rather uncouth, a buffoon - but so are the regular politicians anyways.

Also it does not matter say if his immigration plans fail, or fails to build said wall - the public see him as hitting the ground running as soon has he came into office. Compared to the more 'traditional' politicians of just 'easing' into the job. It is not about his policies pass or not - they (the public) - see him as really hunkering down and trying to get things done, and the more traditionalists are seen as the fools because he is effectively making them look bad (which can't be very difficult to begin with.) That is why they want him out - and yes it is good that the Secret Service is there - but that is just one entity against the now no longer tinfoil hat term - deepstate (CIA/NSA). There is no legal basis to remove or even impeach him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
USA Today fairly gushed with the notion of seeing "President Pence," in an editorial that contained veiled-but-obvious threats against the President, whom they obviously despise. However, they don't have the true measure of Mr. Pence, either. Once again, they see only what they want to see.
But who really gives a shit what USA Today has to say anyways? Not like the majority would be listening to them - or WAPO(CIA mouthpiece) - or NYT, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Their problem is that the American people don't despise him.
Their problem is that nobody is taking the press seriously anymore anyways. What articles are being read or news casts being watched are purely for folks to hit back with ridicule. The average person with a webcam on Youtube is now a more valid journalist and commentator than the big boys with all the money, because that is their Achilles heel - money is not winning them the fight, why do you think major groups are trying to get into bed wih Youtube now? The first strategy of yelling fake news hasn't gone away. It was first used when those would try to get other sources for a different perspective, whether it be RT, or any other outlet that does not tow the line. That has failed, so the next step is what you see now - and it will get worse see my other thread/post(At your leisure when you can take the time, apologies again because one of the vids is at least 30min, but I feel it is relevant to that thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Furthermore: the American people didn't vote for "a Republican." They voted for Donald Trump. They voted to reject what both established parties stood for. And, right now, the Republicans see only what they want to see. They see "one of their own." But, Donald Trump is his own boss. He is not a Republican.
You are correct in that sense as I quoted you earlier in this response. He is not a true Republican - but at the same time had he done the same strategy as Ross Perot we would be under another Clinton presidency. I am not surprised the Republicans only see what they want to see, just like the Dems like to see what they want to see, and block out reality as whole - because of course they are politicians beholden to their corporate donors - not to the people - that went out a long long time ago - and yes Trump is threatening all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Many "powers that be" simply assumed that Hillary would win the election, because "she was one of their own." She had already been President effectively for eight years. (S)He was the one who signed the NAFTA treaty, and she would have persuaded the Chinese to resurrect TPP, and within eight years the whole damned country would have been broke except for the handful of populous States who voted for her. (In some cases, though, quite narrowly.)
I admit I feel into the same trap in assuming that she won, I did not pay much attention to the elections until in retrospect I also saw that she did not campaign in key states because she assumed she already had their votes, until that rude awakening that she got - after all a traditionally blue state for the most part PA goes red, also Michigan and other Rust Belt states turning against Madame Cyberhack because she was too arrogant to realise that there is an election and you do have to campaign - Trump went all out and visited as many states as he could - and rightfully won their support. Hillary is just too stupid and arrogant and she rightfully lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
There will be no impeachment. Ever. You can quote me on that.
Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Donald Trump is the most un-conventional President that we have ever had in the history of this nation ... but this just might be what the doctor ordered. The bottom line is that Donald Trump is the President that the American people wanted, in the vast majority of the states and, were it not for the State of California, also the majority of the public. (California has a population equal that of New York and Texas combined; the number of voters in that one state is more than the population of 19 states combined; the "margin of victory" claimed is more than the population of 42 states.)
B-b-b-ut, our queen won the popular vote! It was the Russians - those damned Russians I tell you!

Joking aside - this country needs new fresh blood and it just happens to be the Don. The dems just need to suck it up, Buttercup - and I only quote Mr. Goodman:
Quote:
If the DNC hadn't cheated Sanders, you wouldn't have Trump! The Democrats gave us Trump!
So yea they only have themselves to blame - and now they are just tripping all over themselves. Pelosi cannot even speak well in a simple interview (she may have some sort of medical ailment nobody is talking about), so the Democrats have no real functioning leader - no substantial plan - have fsck all to actually counter Trump with, except "lets hope he does something impeachable!" Talk about living in a fantasy and outside of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
The voting process in the USA, fortunately, was not totally computerized by "paperless" machines, and now I hope that it will become certain that "paperless" technology will not be further deployed.
I am sure they will still push hard for as much computerization as possible, had it been the case they may have gotten away with the Russian lie - had it not been for those meddlesome paper ballots and their trails and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
The thing that is now being touted as "repeal of Obamacare" is actually "to put in place" a different bill that Ryan has been writing for a long time. It's a bad bill, and I predict that it won't get passed. It doesn't address the fundamental problem that health care cannot be provided for profit. It will be a much more adroit test of statesmanship to bring to this country what it needs a National Health Service and Ryan's bill needs to fail first. I'm gonna stick my neck out and call it: "It will fail. But, the ACA won't survive, either."
Having tried Obamacare I hope it fscking dies! I tried it so I do have the right to say it is crap - sorry but $400 premium per month on $15/hr is NOT affordable - I should have chosen not to take it and just outright pay the penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
The most serious problem for which Trump is ordering an investigation that no doubt will be ##CLASSIFIED## is basically that there are moles traitors in very high-security positions within the Federal Government, who are "leaking" betraying state secrets ... including the content of the President's supposedly-secure conversation with another Head of State. I sincerely hope that one day these people will face the firing squad.
Not bloody likely - the guilty party is so entrenched and most likely has connections to politicians probably like Clinton - nothing will actually come of it. We have not seen the last of the Clinton name - because Chelsea - and I am sure Bush will come around again and that is what truly is wrong with this country because it really is a bunch of rich families effectively trying to establish some kind of quasi-royal Dynasty. Bush->Clinton->someone different occasionally to make it look like it is a democracy, then back-and-forth again - Clinton->Bush. If not a regal system, an oligarchy at least.
 
Old 03-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #58
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
RT - Crosstalk: Russiagate
Quote:
Published on Mar 24, 2017

It is fair and appropriate to call it Russiagate the claim that somehow Russia influenced the outcome of the recent US election. The claims are constant, loud, and often shrill. This narrative has generated a lot of heat, but precious little light. CrossTalking with Don DeBar, Paul Street, and Josh Bernstein.
 
Old 03-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #59
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Lionel Nation - Absolute Proof of Who Actually Tampered With the 2016 Election
Quote:
Published on Mar 22, 2017

The “Access Hollywood” tape that nearly derailed Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and got host Billy Bush fired was leaked by the “Today” show staff, according to a New York Post report and Breitbart. A source told the paper that the leak was planned by NBC News with the intent to hurt Trump.

According to the Page Six story:

The infamous “Access Hollywood” tape — in which President Donald Trump bragged about grabbing women by the hoo-ha — was an inside job, leaked by an NBC News staffer on Billy Bush’s own “Today” show, multiple sources tell Page Six.
“The tape was leaked by the NBC News division, by somebody at the ‘Today’ show,” says one source. “NBC News knew for a while about the existence of the tape. Billy himself had told them about it. People in the news division became frustrated that ‘Access Hollywood’ was taking too long to air it and decided it had to come out.”
“Access” had been working on airing a sanitized version of the tape, which revealed Trump’s comments but protected Bush by editing out his. But the full tape, which was leaked to the Washington Post, featured Bush goading the president. The leak got Bush fired from “Today,” which was, according to the source, part of the plan.

“The leaked tape served a dual purpose: It helped get Bush out of the way — Matt Lauer didn’t like him and felt he was a liability — and NBC thought it would derail Trump,” says the source. “But all it did was crush Billy, and, ironically, his own network was behind it.”
-edit

H.A. Goodman - TRUMP MEETS FBI COMEY TO DISCUSS WIRETAPPING: FBI James Comey Meets Trump at White House
Quote:
Published on Mar 24, 2017

FBI’s James Comey Spotted at the White House

Last edited by Jeebizz; 03-24-2017 at 07:47 PM.
 
Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #60
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,163

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
H.A. Goodman - HILLARY CLINTON USES WASHINGTON POST TO FURTHER TRUMP RUSSIA TIES. Clinton Blames FBI
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
View new posts -- request to show threads with own posts catkin LQ Suggestions & Feedback 5 01-26-2012 08:51 PM
Mass-mirroring Wikileaks. Wikileaks is currently under heavy attack. David93 General 48 12-22-2010 08:16 AM
wikileaks geotri314 General 2 12-06-2010 12:10 PM
What's the diff: New posts vs Latest Posts? theNbomr LQ Suggestions & Feedback 4 02-13-2009 05:42 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration