-   General (
-   -   what type of wireless adaptor is this? (

JSKT 06-19-2011 07:26 PM

what type of wireless adaptor is this?
its a white box with two ends, one is a coaxial cable connector (I think) and the other is a RJ45 male connected to a RJ45 female convertor. The is NO brand nor product name on it anywhere!

frankbell 06-19-2011 08:49 PM

I think it might be one of these: coax to BNC.

jraz 06-19-2011 08:50 PM

We use something similar, (ours has VGA) for sending video over ethernet. The coaxil is the input and the ethernets are input/output and a similar connection device to convert or compatible TV is on the other end.

michaelk 06-20-2011 02:54 AM

The pictures are a bit out of focus and not enough detail to determine the type of COAX connector. It isn't a BNC since there are threads but I can not tell if it is a F vs TNC. Looks to big for a SMA. I suspect it is for an external antenna. As for its intended purpose it is difficult to say except for wireless access point.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.