LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #16
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,166

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Smile I'll just leave these here...


Democratic Party Has No Earthly Idea Why Hillary Clinton Lost - Jimmy Dore Show
-edit
RT - Democrats losing on all fronts, looking for scapegoats Putin on US elections

Last edited by Jeebizz; 12-26-2016 at 07:11 PM.
 
Old 12-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #17
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,166

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
WikiLeaks Got Clinton Emails From Disgusted Insiders, Not Russia - Jimmy Dore Show
Keiser Report: Putin, Hacking & Conspiracy (E1008)
-edit
Hillary Caught On Mic Advocating RIGGING Election - The Jimmy Dore Show

B..B..But Russia!.....

Last edited by Jeebizz; 12-26-2016 at 07:05 PM.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #18
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
When you post a link to a YouTube video, please also include the title of the piece.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #19
johnmeehan
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2016
Posts: 68

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
In my humble opinion Trump won because people forgot about the House and Senate and thought Mr. Trump could end corruption.

There is no way in hell people like Paul Ryan, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Shummer, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnel, etc. are going to start putting the Nation's interests ahead of their own.

Members of the House of Representatives have long ago abandoned representing the people that put them in office.

The Senate was supposed to be chosen by State legislators to represent the state. Unfortunately politicians who did not want their access to the gravy train dependent upon the legislators of their own state passed the 17th Amendment which basically took a gigantic crap on the desires of the authors of the Constitution.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #20
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
Whenever and wherever you awake from sleeping; just be very thankful that the political idiots have not blown this planet up yet!!
 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:44 PM   #21
moxieman99
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Distribution: Dabble, but latest used are Fedora 13 and Ubuntu 10.4.1
Posts: 425

Rep: Reputation: 147Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
What exactly is the constitutional position if the US security services believe that the president is a Russian stooge?
The Constitution's position is very simple: He is your president -- stooge or no -- until and unless he is convicted by trial in the US Senate for high crimes and misdemeanors after impeachment by the US House of Representatives.


All else is irrelevant.

History lesson: Bill Clinton was impeached. He was not convicted. He was thus always president from Jan. 1993 to Jan., 2001.

Last edited by moxieman99; 12-26-2016 at 12:46 PM.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #22
ntubski
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Distribution: Debian, Arch
Posts: 3,590

Rep: Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908Reputation: 1908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
When you post a link to a YouTube video, please also include the title of the piece.
Yes please, +1, , etc, etc...
 
Old 12-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #23
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
The bottom line is: "Hillary Clinton lost, and lost badly." Even her gambit with the Electoral College turned into another slap in her face as six unfaithful votes went against her.

No one seriously believed, nor now believes, that the Russians had anything whatsoever to do with it. (Let alone "Vladimir Putin, personally.")

The corruption of both political parties has everything to do with it. I think that the biggest reason why people elected Trump, and why he "trumped" every would-be Republican rival, is that people perceived that he does not come from the inbred political-party cesspool.

Whether he does or doesn't remains to be seen.

The "mainstream media" sees The End Of The World As We Know It.™ But maybe, it's just the end of the world as they know it, and maybe that's a very good thing.

We shall see.™

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 12-26-2016 at 02:54 PM.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #24
johnmeehan
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2016
Posts: 68

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxieman99 View Post
The Constitution's position is very simple: He is your president -- stooge or no -- until and unless he is convicted by trial in the US Senate for high crimes and misdemeanors after impeachment by the US House of Representatives.


All else is irrelevant.

History lesson: Bill Clinton was impeached. He was not convicted. He was thus always president from Jan. 1993 to Jan., 2001.
High crimes and misdemeanors is not really defined by the Constitution. At least that is what the media types were saying when they were discussing if then President Clinton's actions could be classified as either a high crime or a misdemeanor.

If memory serves Dennis Kuchinic (sp) put forth several requests that George W. Bush be impeached. They all were "referred to committee" and were never discussed again.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #25
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
By the end of 2017 " the punditry " will be claiming that Trump is an Israeli stooge rather than a Russian stooge!!!!

Last edited by cousinlucky; 12-26-2016 at 07:18 PM.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 07:08 PM   #26
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,166

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Sorry, more RT stuff....

Blaming Putin
Russia Card

I do actually think the Dems are trying to find any other reason, other than the fact that they ended up with a shittier candidate than Trump, and as stated from Jimmy Dore - they(voters) would rather get an outsider, than Clinton. Nah, the Russians did it! They hacked us.........somehow....

Last edited by Jeebizz; 12-26-2016 at 08:48 PM.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #27
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,166

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
list25 Skip to 13:25min (or watch the entire vid, either way )

Last edited by Jeebizz; 12-26-2016 at 09:50 PM.
 
Old 12-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #28
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
Well, one thing to always remember about the US Presidency is that "the honeymoon doesn't last long." Donald Trump does not really represent any "established political party," and he took a calculated risk by running as a Republican. There's really not much difference today between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party, but there seems to be very considerable differences between both of them and Donald Trump. Thus, he will face enemies even among his friends ... enemies who know DC extremely well. He now has a Board of Directors with over 600 members, most of them very corrupt and having unlimited terms. Some of those people have been in Congress for more than 30 years. None of those people have to do anything whatsoever that the President says.

(Incidentally, it was none other than George Washington who complained that "I can make the Army do anything, but the Congress nothing at all." And there were people in the Government at that time who quietly proposed staging a bloodless coup and installing him as King, this being a much more familiar-to-them structure of Government. But George himself was vehemently opposed to the idea, so here we are.)

The situation that America (and, to a certain extent, other countries) finds itself mired in today did not happen overnight, and it did not happen "at the behest of the President." No matter how vocal a President might be (especially at first), the role requires leadership by persuasion and finesse. It requires qualities that I am not persuaded that Donald Trump has ... yet ... and that's one reason why I did not vote for either of them.

Nevertheless, it is quite clear that Donald seriously wanted this job. He needed no money other than his own to get him there (and he spent considerably less money than his opponent). Over the course of his campaign, he visibly became "more Presidential." This is a man who might well surprise us ... and, in a pleasant way.

Although most of our Presidents have been millionaires (Harry Truman was the latest one who wasn't ...), never before has this country had a pure-businessman ... who did not rise up through the political ranks of holding elected or appointed offices of any kind ... who asked for the keys to the kingdom and was subsequently given them. Therefore, we really don't know what to expect from this man. All that we know for certain is: "he didn't do it for the money."

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 12-27-2016 at 10:28 AM.
 
Old 12-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #29
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,166

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Well, one thing to always remember about the US Presidency is that "the honeymoon doesn't last long." Donald Trump does not really represent any "established political party," and he took a calculated risk by running as a Republican. There's really not much difference today between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party, but there seems to be very considerable differences between both of them and Donald Trump. Thus, he will face enemies even among his friends ... enemies who know DC extremely well. He now has a Board of Directors with over 600 members, most of them very corrupt and having unlimited terms. Some of those people have been in Congress for more than 30 years. None of those people have to do anything whatsoever that the President says.

(Incidentally, it was none other than George Washington who complained that "I can make the Army do anything, but the Congress nothing at all." And there were people in the Government at that time who quietly proposed staging a bloodless coup and installing him as King, this being a much more familiar-to-them structure of Government. But George himself was vehemently opposed to the idea, so here we are.)

The situation that America (and, to a certain extent, other countries) finds itself mired in today did not happen overnight, and it did not happen "at the behest of the President." No matter how vocal a President might be (especially at first), the role requires leadership by persuasion and finesse. It requires qualities that I am not persuaded that Donald Trump has ... yet ... and that's one reason why I did not vote for either of them.

Nevertheless, it is quite clear that Donald seriously wanted this job. He needed no money other than his own to get him there (and he spent considerably less money than his opponent). Over the course of his campaign, he visibly became "more Presidential." This is a man who might well surprise us ... and, in a pleasant way.

Although most of our Presidents have been millionaires (Harry Truman was the latest one who wasn't ...), never before has this country had a pure-businessman ... who did not rise up through the political ranks of holding elected or appointed offices of any kind ... who asked for the keys to the kingdom and was subsequently given them. Therefore, we really don't know what to expect from this man. All that we know for certain is: "he didn't do it for the money."
I am not sure if there will be a honeymoon if even those in the Republican Party that were the 'Never Trumpers' try to impede him from the start, particularly if Trump wants to improve relations with Russia - so ironically the honeymoon would be between Trump/Putin more than there would be a traditional honeymoon between Trump and other officials here.
 
Old 12-28-2016, 11:27 PM   #30
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
I am not sure if there will be a honeymoon if even those in the Republican Party that were the 'Never Trumpers' try to impede him from the start, particularly if Trump wants to improve relations with Russia - so ironically the honeymoon would be between Trump/Putin more than there would be a traditional honeymoon between Trump and other officials here.
I suspect that the "Never Trumpers" will quickly run out of steam: whether they like it or not, he is the new Chief Executive, and the people expect him to do the job. Also, he does represent somewhat of a "mandate for change from business as usual" such that any overt attempt to obstruct him (at first) will be seen as: "business as usual."

Donald Trump went to considerable lengths to get the Office ... yes, he was serious, after all. Now he faces the unwelcome challenge faced by every Officeholder before him: to find a way to do it, given that the President has almost no civil power whatsoever.

And, if one of the first things that he does is to improve diplomatic relations with Russia (and with its surrounding countries), well, to my mind that would not be an altogether bad thing to do. No head-of-state anywhere is "entirely to be trusted," but our relations with many countries have been lately, perhaps, "far more icy than they really ought to be." (And in the case of others, "far more capitulating than they really ought to be.") Does a businessman have a different point of view?

- - -
One interesting speculation, yet to be seen: "Will the Presidency of Donald Trump ... who, admittedly, is a President like none other our country has ever(!) had ... change our perspective of what 'the Office of the President of the United States' is, and/or of what it could or should be?"

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 12-28-2016 at 11:33 PM.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Not a 'problem' anymore, just a scare... irgunII Slackware 15 11-25-2013 08:57 AM
How to scare birds? Guttorm General 20 07-13-2011 12:04 PM
Scare of Asus P5W DH wi-fi... Lucasbmb Linux - Newbie 3 02-01-2007 04:11 PM
Scare your boss with smbclient sewer_monkey Linux - Networking 1 03-12-2005 12:09 AM
scare of slack!!!! yenonn General 23 09-29-2003 02:30 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration