LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


View Poll Results: You are a...
firm believer 206 29.90%
Deist 21 3.05%
Theist 26 3.77%
Agnostic 135 19.59%
Atheist 301 43.69%
Voters: 689. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #8161
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312

Which came first the chicken or the dinosaur; obviously not the creator unless we're talking Sinatra?
 
Old 01-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #8162
BW-userx
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in my head.
Distribution: FreeBSD/Slackware-14.2+/ArcoLinux
Posts: 9,133

Rep: Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925
which came first instance coffee, or cocaine? they both keep you awake.
 
Old 01-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #8163
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312
not indefinitely
 
Old 01-25-2019, 02:10 AM   #8164
Arcane
Member
 
Registered: May 2006
Location: Latvia, Europe
Distribution: random
Posts: 306

Rep: Reputation: 312Reputation: 312Reputation: 312Reputation: 312
LOL. Guess people can't even on internet consider possibility there might be either Deity or that they are either afraid of change or do not want change and behaves similar to witchcraft accused in past for trying to improve world with more truth and more ideas to get to it. Only positive thing is that truth is unaffected by bullies or liars or power abusers etc. and can't burn now it would be crime. Habit or pride or whatever but look at recently born children - that stuff cannot be faked.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 02:45 AM   #8165
jsbjsb001
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: Currently OpenMandriva. Previously openSUSE, PCLinuxOS, CentOS, among others over the years.
Posts: 3,071

Rep: Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575
Hey BW, you might find the following links interesting, and something for you to chew on...

https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/fuck...ons-1825121953
http://listverse.com/2009/09/10/10-e...ird-religions/

Last edited by jsbjsb001; 01-25-2019 at 04:25 AM. Reason: removed a link because it seemed suspect - kept trying to download something.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 06:47 AM   #8166
BW-userx
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in my head.
Distribution: FreeBSD/Slackware-14.2+/ArcoLinux
Posts: 9,133

Rep: Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001 View Post
Hey BW, you might find the following links interesting, and something for you to chew on...

https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/fuck...ons-1825121953
http://listverse.com/2009/09/10/10-e...ird-religions/
you're problem is you have no idea how you work, nor others, nor use your abilities to discern properly, nor understand what Religion really is... etc.. . there is only one truth, therefore only one true religion, therefore all others are not religions, just peoples ideas on how they believe they should live, what they should worship, they are just man lying to himself, furthermore the lies even seep into the true religion.


Yes there is no shortage of lairs. One needs to apply what God gave them to seek and find the truth.

Just because you don't use what God gave you to your fullest capacity so you end up scoffing at what you do not clearly understand, and you try to amuse yourself by giving me links like these, like some 12 year old boy that still have not matured enough to understand much of anything, or perhaps to show me, here look see all of what man believes in. as If I didn't know, yet it proves nothing to me other than how truly man is lost without God.

just for a PS:

Scientology is not a religion either, it is some sap that decided to feed his ego and it worked because others followed. Now it is made up of a bunch of egoistical people that love to control others to there own satisfaction.


There is lots of belief systems out there that do this. Darwin's theory too is just a belief system. With no real basis of proof. Yet people still put there faith in what he , a man, thought up and wrote down on paper and others read it and believe it to be a truth, then say how can I believe in the bible it was written by man.

Idiots all.

Last edited by BW-userx; 01-25-2019 at 07:06 AM.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:05 AM   #8167
jsbjsb001
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: Currently OpenMandriva. Previously openSUSE, PCLinuxOS, CentOS, among others over the years.
Posts: 3,071

Rep: Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW-userx View Post
you're problem is you have no idea how you work, nor others, nor use your abilities to discern properly, nor understand what Religion really is... etc.. . there is only one truth, therefore only one true religion, therefore all others are not religions, just peoples ideas on how they believe they should live, what they should worship, they are just man lying to himself, furthermore the lies even seep into the true religion.
What I've highlight in bold above was exactly what I thought you would say, and speaks volumes.

Quote:
Yes there is no shortage of lairs...
Exactly my point, and why I posted those links for you - keep reading below.

Quote:
Just because you don't use what God gave you to your fullest capacity so you end up scoffing at what you do not clearly understand, and you try to amuse yourself by giving me links like these, like some 12 year old boy that still have not matured enough to understand much of anything.
The reason I posted those links was because anyone can write anything, be that online, in a book, etc, but it doesn't mean it's the truth (as you correctly pointed out above). Which was exactly the point, but yet you did not see that, and totally not only missed the whole point, but then proceeded to try and convince me that Christianity is the only "true" religion, and that all others just must be wrong and/or untrue. Exactly my point. It's called "religious intolerance" and accepting your own beliefs, but not accepting anyone else's, while expecting people like me to just take what you say on blind faith. Once again, speaks volumes. Point proven.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #8168
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312
Do you, the people born into religion, believe that words are made up; If words change over a lifetime then they must be made up... right?

Ever heard the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks or how about the fact that you can bully an elephant into thinking that a tiny little thread could hold them in one place and not be able to run away?

Last edited by jamison20000e; 02-01-2019 at 08:45 AM.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:20 AM   #8169
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312
Arrow

0h yeah:
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #8170
jsbjsb001
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: Currently OpenMandriva. Previously openSUSE, PCLinuxOS, CentOS, among others over the years.
Posts: 3,071

Rep: Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison20000e View Post
0h yeah:
Let me correct that for you:
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:25 AM   #8171
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312
Scientology wasn't a word until some jackbuttes made it up...

Last edited by jamison20000e; 01-25-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Typo
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #8172
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312Reputation: 1312
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001 View Post
Let me correct that for you:
I think we covered both perspectives there... :-D
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #8173
jsbjsb001
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: Currently OpenMandriva. Previously openSUSE, PCLinuxOS, CentOS, among others over the years.
Posts: 3,071

Rep: Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison20000e View Post
I think we covered both perspectives there... :-D
Yep, pity at least some other members only see things from their own perspective...
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:35 AM   #8174
BW-userx
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in my head.
Distribution: FreeBSD/Slackware-14.2+/ArcoLinux
Posts: 9,133

Rep: Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001 View Post
What I've highlight in bold above was exactly what I thought you would say, and speaks volumes.

Exactly my point, and why I posted those links for you - keep reading below.

The reason I posted those links was because anyone can write anything, be that online, in a book, etc, but it doesn't mean it's the truth (as you correctly pointed out above). Which was exactly the point, but yet you did not see that, and totally not only missed the whole point, but then proceeded to try and convince me that Christianity is the only "true" religion, and that all others just must be wrong and/or untrue. Exactly my point. It's called "religious intolerance" and accepting your own beliefs, but not accepting anyone else's, while expecting people like me to just take what you say on blind faith. Once again, speaks volumes. Point proven.

I modified my reply, maybe go back and re-read it.

"religious intolerance" is just a catch phrase to try and justify the lies, and try to make the ones that tell the truth shut up.

You only continue to deceiving yourself as stated you do not use what a God gave you to seek the truth well enough to find it.

You know what? Let me tear that apart. what you said and lets take a closer look at it. you're assuming too much about me. perhaps due to your past experiences therefore preventing you from looking further in oder to find a truth about me.

or perhaps taking what you see and hear others do and applying it to me as a concrete, which is a common mistake people do, it fosters bigotry. (I just repeated myself)

here I go: picking apart what you said about me and you do not really know me that well. but I know man better then most.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001 View Post
What I've highlight in bold above was exactly what I thought you would say, and speaks volumes.

Exactly my point, and why I posted those links for you - keep reading below.

The reason I posted those links was because anyone can write anything, be that online, in a book, etc, but it doesn't mean it's the truth (as you correctly pointed out above). Which was exactly the point, but yet you did not see that, and totally not only missed the whole point,
I missed your point because you are being vague about making it, that is your fault, not mine. You are projecting your self image onto me, just because you believe you know me, how I think, so you also believe I know you and how you think, and I should just get everything you present to me, when this is not a truth. as proven by your own words I missed your point. because you were being to vague about it. I am not in your mind so how can I fully know what it is you are trying to show me if you do not explain it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001

but then proceeded to try and convince me that Christianity is the only "true" religion, and that all others just must be wrong and/or untrue.
I made my point and you seem to have gotten it, why is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001

Exactly my point. It's called "religious intolerance"
"religious intolerance" how can there be such a thing as "religious intolerance" if there is only one true religion? what I said before and food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001
and accepting your own beliefs, but not accepting anyone else's,
if I were to accept everyone elses belief system to be a truth then I will go back into what?

Not knowing a truth, because there is and can be only one truth. Think about it.

accepting what everyone says about everything just causes for more confusion. Even you should see that. but Obvious have not put it to thought well enough.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001
while expecting people like me to just take what you say on blind faith. Once again, speaks volumes. Point proven.
I do not expect you to take anything I say on blind faith, about religion or otherwise.


What I do expect you and others to do is to do what even others in LQ tell others to do, DO your homework. Investigate it,by dissecting it, pull it apart and look at it then analyze the hell out of it, just like I am doing with what you said here to me. I am pulling it apart, dissecting it and analyzing it.

It is not like you cannot do this too. So, use that brain that God gave you to its fullest capacity. Even Jesus said seek and you shall find. People give up on seeking out the truth for there own personal reasons, but all stemming from sloth. This is why sloth is a mortal sin.

Stop agreeing with others about what they think is a truth all for the sake of false peace and harmony. Satan's little lies in how to obtain it, Just agree to disagree, why can't we all just get along, that is working on so many of you people it is sickening to me.

Last edited by BW-userx; 01-25-2019 at 07:43 AM.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:47 AM   #8175
BW-userx
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in my head.
Distribution: FreeBSD/Slackware-14.2+/ArcoLinux
Posts: 9,133

Rep: Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925Reputation: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison20000e View Post
Do you, the people born into religion, believe that words are made up; If words change over a lifetime then they must be made up... right?

Ever heard the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks or how about the fact that you can bully an elephant into thinking that a tiny little thread could hold him in one place and not be able to run away?
your application of logic and reasoning ...

I can keep you laying down on the floor and you will not be able to sit up by the use of one thread. That is easily done. Just apply physics.

so if you are saying people cannot change. and if that were a truth then you'd not be able to even learn how to put your clothes on or tie your own shoes.

Last edited by BW-userx; 01-25-2019 at 07:49 AM.
 
  


Reply

Tags
bible, censorship, christ, christian, determinism, education, faith, free will, god, human stupidity, humor, islam, jesus, magic roundabout, mythology, nihilism, peace, pointless, polytheism, poser, quran, religion, virtue, war, zealot


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Religion (no linux in this thread, sorry) Calum General 16 07-11-2016 01:48 PM
The touchpad "tapping" questions answers and solutions mega-thread tommytomthms5 Linux - Laptop and Netbook 4 10-30-2007 06:01 PM
What is your religion? jspenguin General 9 04-25-2004 01:28 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration