LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #376
rokytnji
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Mar 2008
Location: Waaaaay out West Texas
Distribution: AntiX 19
Posts: 6,292
Blog Entries: 21

Rep: Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152Reputation: 3152

Sorry Bro. But being pragmatic. Added to the list.

My New Years resolution is going to be to withdraw from all the drama on forums lately.
Just stick to the facts, jack.

Less time in General and more time on biker forums. Basically just bummed out on the repeat and rinse cycle with all the bull pucky.
 
Old 11-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #377
DavidMcCann
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Jul 2006
Location: London
Distribution: PCLinuxOS, Xubuntu
Posts: 5,743

Rep: Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128Reputation: 2128
Looking through this thread, I find one trumpkin calling concerned young people "snowflakes" and another calling Black Lives Matter "thugs". When I was young I tried to get a job in the USA. How glad I am now that I never succeeded! "Basket of deplorables" may not have been good electioneering, but nobody can say she wasn't telling the truth!
 
Old 11-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #378
cynwulf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2005
Location: Walsall, UK
Posts: 2,600
Blog Entries: 7

Rep: Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080Reputation: 2080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntubski View Post
As an alternative, if you block ytimg.com and youtube.com with noscript, you just get a box with an error message that loads fairly fast. And it works for anyone posting annoying videos*, not only Jeebiz.

* I consider every video annoying, since getting info from watching a video is so much slower than reading the same message in text.
I'm glad this was brought up... For me a forum is a place for posting in text form - not watching videos. I find responses which are just videos annoying and won't click on them (and can't due to not having adobe's flash installed or enabled) - especially where the post is just the embedded video and no text whatsoever. I have no clue as to why that is even allowed here.

Despite this I wouldn't go so far as to ignoring anyone over it...

I would only suggest that if you're going to post videos, perhaps make the effort to post a link to the article also, covering it's content if at all possible.

Last edited by cynwulf; 11-11-2016 at 10:59 AM.
 
Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 AM   #379
edmonstone
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jul 2016
Location: New England, north of the border
Posts: 11

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann View Post
Looking through this thread, I find one trumpkin calling concerned young people "snowflakes" and another calling Black Lives Matter "thugs". When I was young I tried to get a job in the USA. How glad I am now that I never succeeded! "Basket of deplorables" may not have been good electioneering, but nobody can say she wasn't telling the truth!
That was me, DavidMcCann. You call me "trumpkin" because to you that is derogatory, and you want to wring your hands because I call these boo-hoo cry babies snowflakes.

They aren't concerned young people, they are spoiled young people who can't take it when other people disagree with them. They pout and cry and melt emotionally, just like snowflakes.

Yes, I consider BLM to be thugs, paid thugs at that! How can anyone really believe they are just a spontaneous group when someone, something is so easily turning their destruction on and off at will?

And what is these thugs and snowflakes want now? They want the fair election over-turned because they don't like the results. They want to burn, destroy, anything and everything because they didn't get their way.

All this CRAP about racist, homophobes, islamophobes, KKK, etc from the liberals and progressives. Well, who is showing up actually doing this to people? Liberals, progressives and thugs.

Boy beaten for supporting trump in a mock school election

Mob attacks man they think voted for Trump

Ya' know something DavidMcCann. We in the U.S.A are better off without you here. We want people who WANT to be part of America, not more thugs and snowflakes who really just can't stand it here.

To quote Andrew Breitbart, "F*** You!"

Last edited by edmonstone; 11-11-2016 at 11:58 AM.
 
Old 11-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #380
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 4,287
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419
Arrow

People are not people they are science, votes or voted...
unlike the atomic weight of just iron no e . . .
I am the static that played in my video who are we?
 
Old 11-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #381
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,985

Rep: Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann View Post
Looking through this thread, I find one trumpkin calling concerned young people "snowflakes" and another calling Black Lives Matter "thugs". When I was young I tried to get a job in the USA. How glad I am now that I never succeeded! "Basket of deplorables" may not have been good electioneering, but nobody can say she wasn't telling the truth!
Let me just lean back and watch the two celebrating their victory prove your point...

Last edited by dugan; 11-11-2016 at 12:42 PM.
 
Old 11-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #382
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,169

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
I actually appreciate that JeeBizz posts these things ... including a CrossTalk episode that I had not yet seen.

Truly, about 2:44, they put the nail on the head: "The elites were talking to the elites, but no one was listening to the people."

It was, thus, a "Dewey Defeats Truman" moment, especially for hawks like The Clinton News Network CNN.

To me, it is very interesting to listen to programs like these which come from an Eastern perspective. Throughout this sh*t-fit campaign, we've heard a lot from people like Vladimir Putin who, although he's certainly as bloody a leader as the American President anyone else, did have a lot of things to say about the situation, and said them very well.

That episode ... and, you should watch it through ... particularly made points about "The Mainstream Media,™" versus the resourceful use of "Social Media." As the Clinton machine ground through its well-worn maneuvers, there was never any thought in that Mainstream Mind that she would win. She would win California, Oregon, Washington, Florida, and "that would be that, just like it's been for so many years." But, when you're listening [only ...] to yourself, you think that Mr. Dewey is a fantastic candidate.

"On the morning after," with lampshades still perched on top of their heads, that Mainstream Machine was still, reflexively, saying the same thing, not quite internalizing the fact that it no longer mattered and that what they'd been saying for all this time was utterly wrong. Like I said in post #1 of this thread, people wanted most of all to say, "Yer Fired!" to rulers that had long ago run out of welcome, and, they did just that.

I actually suspect that "The Donald" will turn out to be a much better leader than people give him credit for. As these journalists observed, he did get better at "being a candidate" as time went on. (So, he was always dead-serious about it, and not, as I once feared, a "repugnant negative alternate-choice" designed to secure his opponent's victory.) People who have been wallowing in cash for thirty years, increasing the number of US military bases to now more than six hundred, are probably going to experience a purge. (American style.) Time to get the hell out of DC while they still can do so gracefully, and go write their memoirs, and lick their wounds.
Speaking of the Crosstalk ep, it was stated that his team KNEW were to get the extra points (as little as 4) it seems, and they pretty much got it right. At this point this silly protest needs to stop, or they can kindly do the rest of the country a favor and just leave to Canada (once the immigration site to Canada stops crashing). I am only in my mid 30s almost, but I can say now that I have been through significant number of presidents - and all this bluffing about leaving the country - ha , whatever. I didn't leave the country when Dubya was in office, I just grit my teeth and powered through those years (with the help of some liquid medicine ).


Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann View Post
Looking through this thread, I find one trumpkin calling concerned young people "snowflakes" and another calling Black Lives Matter "thugs". When I was young I tried to get a job in the USA. How glad I am now that I never succeeded! "Basket of deplorables" may not have been good electioneering, but nobody can say she wasn't telling the truth!
Sorry but I don't care for BLM either, I feel they are thugs. How about ALL lives matter?

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/w...-neighborhood/

And you say they are not the thugs they seem to be? As far as I'm concerned the BLM can go fsck itself. This is why the left is losing all credibility. You have mob mentality, and any opposing view is to be immediately silenced by all means, even if the opposing side HAS valid points. Useless crybaby 'entitled' SJWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonstone View Post
That was me, DavidMcCann. You call me "trumpkin" because to you that is derogatory, and you want to wring your hands because I call these boo-hoo cry babies snowflakes.

They aren't concerned young people, they are spoiled young people who can't take it when other people disagree with them. They pout and cry and melt emotionally, just like snowflakes.

Yes, I consider BLM to be thugs, paid thugs at that! How can anyone really believe they are just a spontaneous group when someone, something is so easily turning their destruction on and off at will?

And what is these thugs and snowflakes want now? They want the fair election over-turned because they don't like the results. They want to burn, destroy, anything and everything because they didn't get their way.

All this CRAP about racist, homophobes, islamophobes, KKK, etc from the liberals and progressives. Well, who is showing up actually doing this to people? Liberals, progressives and thugs.

Boy beaten for supporting trump in a mock school election

Mob attacks man they think voted for Trump

Ya' know something DavidMcCann. We in the U.S.A are better off without you here. We want people who WANT to be part of America, not more thugs and snowflakes who really just can't stand it here.

To quote Andrew Breitbart, "F*** You!"
I have to agree with this, again I did not vote Trump but I can look on the bright-side, at least it is not Clinton - and I will have plenty more 'liquid medicine' to get me through another 4 years, it has come very handy in the 8 years of Obama too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison20000e View Post
Thet's not the problem Sun...
[screencast]...[/screencast] as apposed to a link not like: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...773/page3.html for eg to ie http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...52#post5629352
I will say Jeebiz has keep it responsible(-pun ) lately tho, thanks.

My question on the subject is can Trump put people above profit as Obama tried?
That video doesn't work , please check your link

Last edited by Jeebizz; 11-11-2016 at 01:47 PM.
 
Old 11-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #383
jamison20000e
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: ...uncanny valley... infinity\1975; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US( + travel,) Earth( I wish,) END BORDER$!◣◢┌∩┐ Fe26-E,e...
Distribution: any GPL that works well on my cheapest; has been KDE or CLI but open... http://goo.gl/NqgqJx &c ;-)
Posts: 4,287
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419Reputation: 1419
I made sure it would not but thanks for asking*
 
Old 11-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #384
enorbet
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Distribution: Slackware = Main OpSys
Posts: 3,550

Rep: Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426Reputation: 3426
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonstone View Post

They aren't concerned young people, they are spoiled young people who can't take it when other people disagree with them. They pout and cry and melt emotionally, just like snowflakes.

Yes, I consider BLM to be thugs, paid thugs at that! How can anyone really believe they are just a spontaneous group when someone, something is so easily turning their destruction on and off at will?

And what is these thugs and snowflakes want now? They want the fair election over-turned because they don't like the results. They want to burn, destroy, anything and everything because they didn't get their way.

All this CRAP about racist, homophobes, islamophobes, KKK, etc from the liberals and progressives. Well, who is showing up actually doing this to people? Liberals, progressives and thugs.

Boy beaten for supporting trump in a mock school election

Mob attacks man they think voted for Trump

Ya' know something DavidMcCann. We in the U.S.A are better off without you here. We want people who WANT to be part of America, not more thugs and snowflakes who really just can't stand it here.

To quote Andrew Breitbart, "F*** You!"
You seem a bit BiPolar, edmonstone.... often the "pot calling the kettle black" as is so often common among collectivist "thinkers". It seems to suit you to broad brush everyone who disagrees with you as privileged or paid-for whiny cry babies and imagine none of them are serious or have any valid points just as much as those you point your accusatory finger at.

It cracks me up that those who consider themselves successful tend to subscribe to Free Will ( I did it all through force of will and brains! ) while those who feel victimized tend to subscribe to Fate or Focused Evil. Few accept the balance or attempt at balance between disparate forces, the ebb and flow of influence that often includes some chaos. I wonder if you'd be assuming a "fair election" had it gone the other way?

For myself I remain hopeful that the "Checks and Balances" system still works well enough despite the current imbalance of power, that pops up from time to time, and that Trump will feel the full weight of his responsibility of Office and grow very quickly into the job at not too great a cost. At worst, we will all learn important lessons (at the very least about "wolves in sheep's clothing" ... again hopefully at not too dear a cost. It will be "interesting" in the full meaning of that word.

Last edited by enorbet; 11-12-2016 at 06:25 AM.
 
Old 11-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #385
wpeckham
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Location: Continental USA
Distribution: Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, DSL, Puppy, CentOS, Knoppix, Mint-DE, Sparky, Vsido, tinycore, Q4OS
Posts: 3,701

Rep: Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonstone View Post
That was me, DavidMcCann. You call me "trumpkin" because to you that is derogatory, and you want to wring your hands because I call these boo-hoo cry babies snowflakes.

They aren't concerned young people, they are spoiled young people who can't take it when other people disagree with them. They pout and cry and melt emotionally, just like snowflakes.

Yes, I consider BLM to be thugs, paid thugs at that! How can anyone really believe they are just a spontaneous group when someone, something is so easily turning their destruction on and off at will?

And what is these thugs and snowflakes want now? They want the fair election over-turned because they don't like the results. They want to burn, destroy, anything and everything because they didn't get their way.

All this CRAP about racist, homophobes, islamophobes, KKK, etc from the liberals and progressives. Well, who is showing up actually doing this to people? Liberals, progressives and thugs.

Boy beaten for supporting trump in a mock school election

Mob attacks man they think voted for Trump

Ya' know something DavidMcCann. We in the U.S.A are better off without you here. We want people who WANT to be part of America, not more thugs and snowflakes who really just can't stand it here.

To quote Andrew Breitbart, "F*** You!"
Dear world,
The above view is not that of the majority of citizens in the U.S.A., and all sane people are just as dismayed at such juvenile, immature behavior as you are. Please do not judge us all by such examples.
Thank you.
 
Old 11-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #386
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,169

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
More and more it seems like the left is unraveling , it is their own fault, and even the left-leaning Bill Maher hit it on the head last night, too much political correctness, and the useless SJWs that pretty much hijacked the democratic party.


I'll just leave these here - no screencasts this time though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG6rNcsVOaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zszKEKz-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWrVJHtejkQ

-edit
https://www.rt.com/usa/366579-soros-...rump-protests/
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wik...intons-master/

Last edited by Jeebizz; 11-12-2016 at 01:06 PM.
 
Old 11-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #387
fido_dogstoyevsky
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Victoria, Australia
Distribution: Slackware 14.2
Posts: 421
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 499Reputation: 499Reputation: 499Reputation: 499Reputation: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeckham View Post
Dear world,
The above view is not that of the majority of citizens in the U.S.A.... Please do not judge us all by such examples...
I've visited the US a few times and found people to be civilised and good.

Which is why I REALLY don't understand:

judging by the telecasts of the candidates' speeches, there was a choice between a bad potential President and a worse potential President - WHY WERE THE OTHER THREE CANDIDATES IGNORED?
 
Old 11-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #388
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,169

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fido_dogstoyevsky View Post
WHY WERE THE OTHER THREE CANDIDATES IGNORED?
Because here it is really a two-party system. Other candidates are just there to give the illusion of a real choice. One of the main reasons why Trump won, he is not a politician. He pretty much took the Republican party by sheer force. Clinton pretty much cost herself the job also because of her remarks of Trump supporters.

Last edited by Jeebizz; 11-12-2016 at 04:06 PM.
 
Old 11-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #389
fido_dogstoyevsky
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Victoria, Australia
Distribution: Slackware 14.2
Posts: 421
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 499Reputation: 499Reputation: 499Reputation: 499Reputation: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
Because here it is really a two-party system. Other candidates are just there to give the illusion of a real choice...
This is the part I really can't get my mind around. Political analysts here are saying that Trump scored the anti-establishment vote. If that's the case why didn't the nonDemoPublican candidates get a significant vote? Really doesn't make sense to me.
 
Old 11-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #390
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,169

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fido_dogstoyevsky View Post
This is the part I really can't get my mind around. Political analysts here are saying that Trump scored the anti-establishment vote. If that's the case why didn't the nonDemoPublican candidates get a significant vote? Really doesn't make sense to me.
I only have to say because Clinton easily eliminated Bernie Sanders as the Democratic nominee. If Sanders were on the ballot rather than Clinton, you perhaps might have seen more voters. Also Clinton pretty much assumed that because she was running against Trump, she had it in the bag.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sarah Palin and Donald Trump have babies? jamison20000e General 39 01-06-2016 04:04 PM
Donald Trump vows to ban Muslims entering US MEINKS General 88 12-22-2015 01:43 PM
Popular pen drive tutorial - "Success!!!", so why can't it find the kernel? DGeeez Linux - General 9 03-26-2009 08:32 PM
LXer: "Every second apprentice fails on using computers" LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 08-12-2007 10:30 AM
LXer: "Every second apprentice fails on using computers" LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 08-12-2007 08:31 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration