LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #61
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,985

Rep: Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
perhaps we might be alienating other key allies as well.
Such as?
 
Old 10-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #62
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
One hundred percent of the propaganda media coverage that you will hear, will be about "Hillary and Trump." (One brand is referred to by her first name; the other brand, by his last.)

No matter what the propaganda ministry media might "dig up" about one or the other of them, a fundamental tenet of crowd psychology will always be observed: "it will always be presented to you as 'a choice between two, and only two.'"

"The other two" will be ignored. Not permitted to "debate," because they did not spend the hundreds of millions of dollars that are required to be part of that show, and also because the single political corporation that PWNs owns both brands does not want to in any way dilute their billion-dollar message.

Above all else, they do not want the American public to consider ... or even to know ... that there are four names on the ballot.

"Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to those 'other' little men behind the curtain. 'Your vote would just be wasted,' you know, if you ever considered ... oh, never mind ... you're much too smart to think outside of our 'Red vs. Blue' box ..."

But, elections are a funny thing.

The Two Party System, Inc. has played its game very dangerously this year, partly because they really don't understand social media, and "Millennials" in general. They do know that this generation, which by-and-large does not watch TeeVee, now represents the majority of the voting public. They are also aware (although they refuse to admit it ...) that they do not PWN these voter's faces. They have generally done very well at throwing hornet's nests into the Baby Boomers, and for the most part the Boomers are following the script, but the wild-card is the people that their tactics do not reach.

If this generation acts in the manner that they have sometimes been known to do ... if they take their country more seriously than their parents now do ... then Dewey Defeats Truman could be the next, world-changing headline as both Hillary and Trump go down, and seventy-five years of "accepted political strategy" disintegrates.

Elections are a very funny thing . . .

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 10-25-2016 at 02:30 PM.
 
Old 10-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #63
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,985

Rep: Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568
These are very much worth watching and sharing:

Trump Travels Through Time
 
Old 10-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #64
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
I liked this article: Such a Nasty Marxist by Becky Akers!

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/10/...nasty-marxist/
 
Old 10-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #65
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,157

Rep: Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
Such as?
Well I admit I don't have 'much' in that, but I do suspect that the US will continue to take unilateral actions, ignore allies - and continue to act as the world's unwanted policeman..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
One hundred percent of the propaganda media coverage that you will hear, will be about "Hillary and Trump." (One brand is referred to by her first name; the other brand, by his last.)

No matter what the propaganda ministry media might "dig up" about one or the other of them, a fundamental tenet of crowd psychology will always be observed: "it will always be presented to you as 'a choice between two, and only two.'"

"The other two" will be ignored. Not permitted to "debate," because they did not spend the hundreds of millions of dollars that are required to be part of that show, and also because the single political corporation that PWNs owns both brands does not want to in any way dilute their billion-dollar message.

Above all else, they do not want the American public to consider ... or even to know ... that there are four names on the ballot.

"Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to those 'other' little men behind the curtain. 'Your vote would just be wasted,' you know, if you ever considered ... oh, never mind ... you're much too smart to think outside of our 'Red vs. Blue' box ..."

But, elections are a funny thing.

The Two Party System, Inc. has played its game very dangerously this year, partly because they really don't understand social media, and "Millennials" in general. They do know that this generation, which by-and-large does not watch TeeVee, now represents the majority of the voting public. They are also aware (although they refuse to admit it ...) that they do not PWN these voter's faces. They have generally done very well at throwing hornet's nests into the Baby Boomers, and for the most part the Boomers are following the script, but the wild-card is the people that their tactics do not reach.

If this generation acts in the manner that they have sometimes been known to do ... if they take their country more seriously than their parents now do ... then Dewey Defeats Truman could be the next, world-changing headline as both Hillary and Trump go down, and seventy-five years of "accepted political strategy" disintegrates.

Elections are a very funny thing . . .
The irony is everyone knows there are third parties, even the establishment makes no attempts to 'hide' these candidates much since you see them on tv from time-to-time. Not like it matters of course, since they get little to no coverage, and yes you can vote for them but in the end it will still be either a repugn-ican, or democ-rat in office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
I liked this article: Such a Nasty Marxist by Becky Akers!

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/10/...nasty-marxist/
Some good points, especially I do not understand how Trump can be attacked only for his sexual misdeeds, even though again Shillery practically did nothing while Bill's willie was doing all the thinking.

Maybe I misinterpreted the article, but when it comes to Shillery she is by no means anti war, and is quite pro wallstreet.
 
Old 10-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #66
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,985

Rep: Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568Reputation: 4568
@SundialSvcs:

There are three other choices: Jill Stein, Gary Johnson and Evan McMullin. I hear the last one is actually pretty popular in Utah.
 
Old 10-25-2016, 10:43 PM   #67
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
Quote:
The irony is everyone knows there are third parties, even the establishment makes no attempts to 'hide' these candidates much since you see them on tv from time-to-time. Not like it matters of course, since they get little to no coverage, and yes you can vote for them but in the end it will still be either a repugn-ican, or democ-rat in office.
Perfect!

Glad To Know!! that my Billions Of (sux that y-o-u don't have any of ...) D-O-L-L-A-R-$ are working as they should.

Yes, yes, "they get little to no 'coverage.'" Are you, like, surprised? I have "B-with-a-cqpital-B-Billions" of D-O-L-L-A-R-$" to spend ...

... to saturate y-o-u ...

... ... you pathetic, measly, excuseof a 'voter' ...

... with this one message:
Quote:
Not like it matters of course, since they get little to no coverage, and yes you can vote for them but in the end it will still be either a repugn-ican, or democ-rat in office.
So, go ahead. Go ahead and roll over. Go ahead and play dead. Go ahead and whimper and complain that the vote that you never even bothered to cast wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Fortunately for all of us, your (grand-)children do not yet think as you do.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LXer: Exclusive Presidential Debate Preview! LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 08-05-2015 02:51 PM
Regarding the US 2008 Presidential Election IsharaComix General 32 11-09-2008 11:42 PM
the presidential election jiml8 General 45 04-26-2008 03:38 PM
Your Presidential Pick??? eskiled General 187 11-04-2004 01:24 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration