LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   General (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/)
-   -   [World Politics] - Syria (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/%5Bworld-politics%5D-syria-4175603350/)

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 07:08 PM

[World Politics] - Syria and North Korea
 
Alright so the latest now on Syria - another gas attack -

Also:

Quote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39500947

[He noted that when the most serious cases were given an antidote for Sarin poisoning, atropine, their conditions became stable and they survived.
But....
https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/849797885357109249

So lets say it is chlorine - but still does not answer do really did it.

-

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/849635794994286592 - But we won't let that get in the way right?

Also if anyone was keeping up with Syria just in general - Bashar Al Assad (with the help of the Russians) - began taking back territory - so it would not really make any sense tactically to use chemical weapons (lets say he does have them at his disposal). So - either this is a tactical blunder on his part - or - something else?

Before anyone gets that funny idea - I don't really care for or about Assad - but why should I just jump on the 'Assad used gas again' bandwagon? This goes to my point I just made - there wouldn't be any sense tactically to even use such weaponry if the civil war turned to his favor and has really been that way for a while. Sorry, something don't smell right to me.

wpeckham 04-06-2017 07:14 PM

Obviously the CORRECT response for any civilized country would be to demand and await results of a UN investigation to determine the facts. Several representatives of civilized countries have recommended as much. Alas, the U.S.A., Russia, and several other first world nations may not qualify as "civilized" for the purposes of this discussion.

[Disclaimer: I am a citizen of the U.S.A. who did NOT vote for the current Twit In Chief"! I also have no control over the party currently in the majority in the U.S. Congress that is violating common sense, common courtesy, and it's own laws and rules. Change will come and a restoration of more "normal" insanity as soon as we can get the immediate internal issues under control. ]

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpeckham (Post 5693608)
Obviously the CORRECT response for any civilized country would be to demand and await results of a UN investigation to determine the facts. Several representatives of civilized countries have recommended as much. Alas, the U.S.A., Russia, and several other first world nations may not qualify as "civilized" for the purposes of this discussion.

I slightly disagree about Russia - only because they are not the ones engaging in all this regime change shenanigans. Whether or not anyone agrees or not is fine, but my position is - Russia is actually the ones who called the US out on their doings in Iraq and Libya - cannot really fault them on that. I live in the USA not Russia, but given the track record of US policy for the passed 2 administrations(W and Obama) - well i do apologise but Russia is the sane one here. Nobody seems to want to recognise that Russia is technically there legally - but what the USA is doing is still the same old crap with supporting tactics in trying to overthrow another regime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpeckham (Post 5693608)
[Disclaimer: I am a citizen of the U.S.A. who did NOT vote for the current Twit In Chief"!]

Neither did I, but I sure as hell would never have voted for Madame Cyberhack either (not implying that you did). Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/849642524255846400

Also

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/850007070250237952

So - I aplogise for not buying the same narrative - nor do I would seriously believe Russia would have allowed or supplied/staged this either. Again, I am more quick to give Russia and Assad the benefit of the doubt, because again current track record the US.

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 07:35 PM

I wonder why Daily Mail deleted this story I wonder....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/deleted...-assad/5339178

cousinlucky 04-06-2017 08:02 PM

In this day and age the " true facts " are hardly ever revealed to the general public!! Evidently World War III is on the table!!

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cousinlucky (Post 5693628)
In this day and age the " true facts " are hardly ever revealed to the general public!! Evidently World War III is on the table!!

I wonder who could be pushing for that? As far as Syria is concerned - the US needs to keep out of it, and I say just let the Russians and Syrians handle it. Absurd? Well all this 'help' from the US did a fat lot of good didn't it?

We already know what Madame would have done had she been 'rightfully' elected, wouldn't we?

I just want it be stated on the record all my misgivings and my skepticism along the way up until the start of World War Part III.

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 08:25 PM

Proof Gov & Media Lied About S-A-R-I-N G-A-S Attack

TL;DW - Jimmy Dore recaps previous gas attacks - and echoing my own question - Assad has been winning the civil war anyhow, so does it make ANY tactical sense to all of the sudden use chemical weapons? Oh wait, and uh he (Mr. Dore) mentioned that Assad did give up those types of weapons - so , who done then?

cousinlucky 04-06-2017 08:28 PM

President Trump is launching cruise missles into Syria; what's next??

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...l_nbn_20170406

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cousinlucky (Post 5693642)
President Trump is launching cruise missles into Syria; what's next??

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...l_nbn_20170406

I am worried - but optimistic that he WON'T put boots on the ground. It would have been preferable that he not have authorised such a strike or any strike. STOP HELPING!

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 08:52 PM

I just want to reiterate that even if I am to be dragged into this - I am not going to be silent but be kicking and screaming until the very end and the nukes have all been launched.... :mad:

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
H.A. Goodman - TRUMP BREAKS PROMISE OF OPPOSING REGIME CHANGE WITH SYRIA INTERVENTION: Repeats Obama Mistake
Quote:

Published on Apr 6, 2017

Dozens of U.S. Missiles Hit Air Base in Syria
Styxhexenhammer666 - War-pig Wench Clinton Joins Chorus of Warmongering Chickenhawks Calling for Attacks on Syria
Quote:

Published on Apr 6, 2017

This stupid wench: https://archive.fo/tcY0T


:cry:

Hungry ghost 04-06-2017 09:12 PM

About the chemical attack allegedly committed by Assad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6SnIvQKN1Y. The journalist can barely hide her anger when the congressman says he doubts Assad committed the attack.

IMO, since ISIS is losing the war in Syria and it's clear they won't overthrow Assad, automagically an alleged chemical attack occurs and Trump now has the perfect excuse for bombing the Syrian government. Same old BS (does anyone remember the story about WMDs in Iraq? I'm feeling some sort of déjà vu).

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odiseo77 (Post 5693657)
About the chemical attack allegedly committed by Assad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6SnIvQKN1Y. The journalist can barely hide her anger when the congressman says he doubts Assad committed the attack.

IMO, since ISIS is losing the war in Syria and it's clear they won't overthrow Assad, automagically an alleged chemical attack occurs and Trump now has the perfect excuse for bombing the Syrian government. Same old BS (does anyone remember the story about WMDs in Iraq? I'm feeling some sort of déjà vu).

Yea this 'journalist' is angry because he is pretty much tearing apart this sham - I am surprised CNN hasn't had another 'technical' glitch and somehow lost the feed... :rolleyes: I am beyond disgusted - no change, same bullshit push for war...... :mad:


RT - ‘Why would Assad attack civilians not military? It’s simply irrational’ – U.S. Senator
Quote:

Published on Apr 6, 2017

More than 80 people were killed in the incident in Syria, but a few weeks ago in the Iraqi city of Mosul, a U.S.-led coalition airstrike reportedly killed more than 200. In both cases government officials claimed terrorist munitions had been targeted. The Syria attack sparked immediate reaction - both in the media and from Western officials.
Styxhexenhammer666 - Our Rogue "Government" Has Attacked a Syrian Air Base with Tomahawk Missiles
Quote:

Published on Apr 6, 2017

Retarded: https://archive.fo/QfT2P

Emerson 04-06-2017 09:29 PM

I find this kind of discussion nutty or extremely uneducated at best.
Like public polls. Typical idiotic poll: Did <US President> a right thing when he sent troops to <country>. How the heck can any man on the street answer this question? President has several very powerful agencies at his disposal, he has a team around him gathering intelligence. He has knowledge of facts and aspects never occur to an average Joe.
And of course, a brainwashed leftist made his/her mandatory statement. Leftists just can't tolerate any opinions or even facts that contradict their beliefs. No tolerance < low intelligence.
Brrr ... I feel sorry I clicked on this topic. Will stay away from political threads from now on.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
—Mark Twain

Jeebizz 04-06-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerson (Post 5693662)
I find this kind of discussion nutty or extremely uneducated at best.

So, we should just not talk or question any of this - just go along with what is going on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerson (Post 5693662)
President has several very powerful agencies at his disposal, he has a team around him gathering intelligence. He has knowledge of facts and aspects never occur to an average Joe.

Yes - and the President has never been mislead, or acted upon false and/or inaccurate info and knowingly misled the public before right? ......................Wait......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerson (Post 5693662)
And of course, a brainwashed leftist made his/her mandatory statement. Leftists just can't tolerate any opinions or even facts that contradict their beliefs. No tolerance < low intelligence.

That brainwashed leftist never really said much when Obama was doing similar things.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.