LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #46
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936

RT - Crosstalk - Politically Incorrect?
This is also interesting
 
Old 01-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #47
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
[screencast]xWTxayl6JCc[/screencast]

An interesting video, but crucially at 20min in(skip if you do not want to watch the entire video).
 
Old 01-29-2017, 06:13 PM   #48
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Its ok when we (on the left) do this but you are monsters

This is related to Doug.G's Wall thread - however again I promised to no longer hijack his thread, and again it was not intentional - so I am just going to hijack my own thread again. It still relates to the Wall thread though - because as I stated everything that Trump is doing now, is just the foundations from Bush and Obama - and as I have been spouting before - where was all the outrage earlier? Whether it was the Wall on our border, or the anti Muslim policies of Obama and Clinton - I did not see a whole lot of protests as I do now.

I have been really trying to fight the urge of posting this video from this Stefan Molyneux character, mainly of his, 'eccentricities' to put it nicely - but he makes the same point - and I still do not understand the sudden shock about Trump - Obama continued Bush's war, and destablisation of other countries, increased surveillance - also a cause for many deaths (including Muslims) in the Mid-East - yet again those on the left - haven't really heard from them, until now.

It is also sad and I am to acknowledge it - that there is such a left vs right - but again with regards also to my thread here - this is just a reaction of the past policies on both sides, however on the left so much more only because of also the cherry on top of the cherry sundae called PC. Thats my opinion anyways.



[screencast]9OVnqerWUHg[/screencast]

-edit


This is why we got Trump, because of the far left - we are now going far right - its their fault.

Last edited by Jeebizz; 01-29-2017 at 06:17 PM.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #49
frankbell
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Distribution: Slackware, Ubuntu MATE, Mageia, and whatever VMs I happen to be playing with
Posts: 17,273
Blog Entries: 27

Rep: Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345Reputation: 5345
A picture is worth 10,000 words.

I shouldn't add this, but this trout can't resist the lure.

Quote:
because of the far left
As an aside, what "far left"? The US has no "far left," except in the eyes (and propaganda) of the far right.

Today's USA Democratic Party makes Nelson Rockerfeller look like Emma Goldman.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #50
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbell View Post
[URL="http://jobsanger.blogspot.com/2017/01/populism-left-and-right.html"]
As an aside, what "far left"? The US has no "far left," except in the eyes (and propaganda) of the far right.
I disagree - AFAIC the far left are the pretty much the ones labeled by the right - as the snowflakes, the insufferable SJWs - well this is where the right is correct sorry to say. I think I have already posted enough about them - but just one more perhaps - but I feel this comparison is justified - the ones who are on campuses demanded 'safe spaces' - drown out the debate or shut it down entirely with their own whiney tactics - and the reverse racism/sexism - if you are a white male - thats it, anything you say is invalid, because you're white, 'check you're privilege' - whatever the fsck that is supposed to mean.... I didn't wake up suddenly and decide to listen to Milo - I only heard of them through these twerps anyways, and well now I happen to agree with SOME of the things he says, I guess then I am now far right though? The last Milo video I posted go to 20min and just watch that at least, he has listed valid points.

Then all this talk about 'micro-aggressions' trigger warnings ......Seriously, W----T----F? The intolerant 'tolerant' - .... But, again, I don't even need to watch or listen to any of Milo's lectures, nor did I become some kind of 'right-wing nut' -- You see even those on the left calling this kind of bullshit out for what it is... Bill Maher anyone?

First the SJWs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdavJH0ujQ

If you can make it all the way to the video above, good on you because I didn't even make it half way......... I am really glad I am not in college anymore, because ....just wow...... EVERYTHING is now offensive - well at this point, if I have to worry about walking on nanometer eggshells , fsck it.... And again, what is this bs about 'safe spaces' - I thought going to universities are supposed to challenge and get you ready for the real world - the fsck is safe spaces going to help you in the REAL world!?

Bill Maher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQex8BXDAt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzc8glS2r_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipu0ifyC-Xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luhSVN5mgNY(skip to 2:20min)

I'm sure I must have triggered SOMEONE by now ......Good, grow some thicker skin.

I blame these SJWs for Trump. Thanks!

*SJW = Social Justice Warrior , no , I didn't make any of this up, THATs what they refer themselves as....

-edit

Also, about the pic - http://jobsanger.blogspot.com/2017/0...and-right.html - I view it different - the left is more like - ME ME ME, I'M OFFENDED, GIVE ME MY SAFE SPACE. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE....etc. Sorry but that is what they have de-evolved to.

Last edited by Jeebizz; 01-29-2017 at 10:27 PM.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 10:58 PM   #51
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
I like Milo now anyways - he's offensive for the correct reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankbell View Post

A picture is worth 10,000 words.

I shouldn't add this, but this trout can't resist the lure.

Quote:
because of the far left
As an aside, what "far left"? The US has no "far left," except in the eyes (and propaganda) of the far right.

Today's USA Democratic Party makes Nelson Rockerfeller look like Emma Goldman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
I disagree - AFAIC the far left are the pretty much the ones labeled by the right - as the snowflakes, the insufferable SJWs - well this is where the right is correct sorry to say. I think I have already posted enough about them - but just one more perhaps - but I feel this comparison is justified - the ones who are on campuses demanded 'safe spaces' - drown out the debate or shut it down entirely with their own whiney tactics - and the reverse racism/sexism - if you are a white male - thats it, anything you say is invalid, because you're white, 'check you're privilege' - whatever the fsck that is supposed to mean.... I didn't wake up suddenly and decide to listen to Milo - I only heard of them through these twerps anyways, and well now I happen to agree with SOME of the things he says, I guess then I am now far right though? The last Milo video I posted go to 20min and just watch that at least, he has listed valid points.

Then all this talk about 'micro-aggressions' trigger warnings ......Seriously, W----T----F? The intolerant 'tolerant' - .... But, again, I don't even need to watch or listen to any of Milo's lectures, nor did I become some kind of 'right-wing nut' -- You see even those on the left calling this kind of bullshit out for what it is... Bill Maher anyone?

First the SJWs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdavJH0ujQ

If you can make it all the way to the video above, good on you because I didn't even make it half way......... I am really glad I am not in college anymore, because ....just wow...... EVERYTHING is now offensive - well at this point, if I have to worry about walking on nanometer eggshells , fsck it.... And again, what is this bs about 'safe spaces' - I thought going to universities are supposed to challenge and get you ready for the real world - the fsck is safe spaces going to help you in the REAL world!?

Bill Maher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQex8BXDAt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzc8glS2r_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipu0ifyC-Xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luhSVN5mgNY(skip to 2:20min)

I'm sure I must have triggered SOMEONE by now ......Good, grow some thicker skin.

I blame these SJWs for Trump. Thanks!

*SJW = Social Justice Warrior , no , I didn't make any of this up, THATs what they refer themselves as....

-edit

Also, about the pic - http://jobsanger.blogspot.com/2017/0...and-right.html - I view it different - the left is more like - ME ME ME, I'M OFFENDED, GIVE ME MY SAFE SPACE. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE....etc. Sorry but that is what they have de-evolved to.


[screencast]EoPkFa8_2C4[/screencast][screencast]qBM7qvw_kXk[/screencast]

Sorry, but he has valid points.... So now I am actually curious about his lectures. I would like to thank the SJWs for the protests, because I now found another rather hilarious person to watch

Last edited by Jeebizz; 01-29-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Just in case the last post may have been missed , the only reason I made this edit.
 
Old 01-30-2017, 12:24 AM   #52
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Well I guess we really are living in a topsy-turvy world are we not? A gay conservative (Milo) makes more sense now ...And then I also stumble upon this:




[screencast]AhSQLmfbQ6Y[/screencast]






I nearly fell out of my chair at this . O_O!
 
Old 01-30-2017, 12:51 AM   #53
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
OK ok ok - enough of that, but I have something else I stumbled upon - what should the democrats do, because lets be honest they REALLY need to clean house -


[screencast]bKbQafBuCBc[/screencast]






He is correct - and I will be checking out Kyle's video (its rather lengthy actually) - and I hope Sargon's advice is taken, otherwise - another 4 years of Trump. Though I don't really care for the name though - 'Justice Democrats' - a bit cheesy really.

If the democrats want to be taken seriously again, they really need to not only get rid of the corporate goons, but those intolerable SJWs - again at the moment - I can't help but find the republican ones the sane ones here, sorry.
 
Old 01-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #54
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,110
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198
Howzabout we stop talking about each other as "Republicans" or "Democrats," and start using the word, "American?"

"A house divided against itself cannot stand ..."
 
Old 01-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #55
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
Howzabout we stop talking about each other as "Republicans" or "Democrats," and start using the word, "American?"

"A house divided against itself cannot stand ..."
Fair enough, but until the dems. and their diehard supporters accept the reality that they are in - it is not going to matter. Seems to me they are the ones being more divisive than Trump. *shrug*
 
Old 01-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #56
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
So, lets go back to Europe - I had mentioned in another thread that Hungary refuses to have anything to do with Soros - and I also did not take into account Hungary - it is possible someone from the right might be in power there too - which is another state to add that can potentially break away. I found this rather informative:



Soros-funded NGOs aiming to bring down our govt – Hungarian Foreign Minister


I did not create the title, so apologies if it sounds very conspiratorial - then again you need only look at Soros' past activities to not have a very good impression of him anyways.
 
Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #57
hazel
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Mar 2016
Location: Harrow, UK
Distribution: LFS, AntiX, Slackware
Posts: 5,377
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192Reputation: 3192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
I am really glad I am not in college anymore, because ....just wow...... EVERYTHING is now offensive - well at this point, if I have to worry about walking on nanometer eggshells , fsck it.... And again, what is this bs about 'safe spaces' - I thought going to universities are supposed to challenge and get you ready for the real world - the fsck is safe spaces going to help you in the REAL world!?
A minor point: everything is not offensive these days. Antisemitism is not offensive at all to most of these people. On the contrary, they practise it all the time. And homophobia and misogyny only seem to be offensive when practised by non-muslims. That kind of hypocrisy is why I have given up on the left, despite being raised in that tradition.
 
Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #58
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,110
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198Reputation: 3198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
Fair enough, but until the dems. and their diehard supporters accept the reality that they are in - it is not going to matter. Seems to me they are the ones being more divisive than Trump. *shrug*
No, you can't point your fingers "across the aisle" and say, "it's 'their' fault." There are "diehard supporters" everywhere, and the Internet gives all of them a Bully Pulpit.
 
Old 01-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #59
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
A minor point: everything is not offensive these days. Antisemitism is not offensive at all to most of these people. On the contrary, they practise it all the time. And homophobia and misogyny only seem to be offensive when practised by non-muslims. That kind of hypocrisy is why I have given up on the left, despite being raised in that tradition.
No it is more than that - you have to think a certain way - and we probably wouldn't be able to talk about any of this on a campus - any sort of debate and the sphincters of the PC police go into overdrive - you only have to look at lectures from Milo at times (or just google the incident with Milo at DePaul Uni. in Chicago) - a complete disgrace - that is what has had me more disgusted , which again made me want to actually hear what this Yiannopoulos has to say - he seemed to be vilified as this extreme right wing sort - and some how nobody should listen to him (hence he is always protested on campuses) - but I haven't seen anything to warrant a protest - but more in an exercise in trying to silence someone - and at times it was unfortunately successful - 1st Amendment practically disregarded because 'Milo is too mean' apparently....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
No, you can't point your fingers "across the aisle" and say, "it's 'their' fault." There are "diehard supporters" everywhere, and the Internet gives all of them a Bully Pulpit.
In a way I can - and yes I will also admit that I am fixating a bit on said subject - but I do feel that it was probably one of the most contributing factors.
 
Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #60
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,173

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
A minor point: everything is not offensive these days. Antisemitism is not offensive at all to most of these people. On the contrary, they practise it all the time. And homophobia and misogyny only seem to be offensive when practised by non-muslims. That kind of hypocrisy is why I have given up on the left, despite being raised in that tradition.
Oh, to further my point about this - this person is correct:


[screencast]bcSy3rzAQoM[/screencast]
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[US-Politics] This has gone way too far ... sundialsvcs General 25 01-21-2017 08:57 PM
[World-US-Politics] Obama commutes Chelsea Manning sentence Jeebizz General 17 01-21-2017 06:11 PM
A rather intriguing and, I think, rather disturbing thought on American (World?) politics sundialsvcs General 9 03-30-2016 07:57 AM
politics mepisismydistro General 1 08-20-2007 01:37 AM
politics gordonb007 General 22 03-01-2004 04:03 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration