Fedora - InstallationThis forum is for the discussion of installation issues with Fedora.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
- you are not running the Fedora kernel config
- you do not have Fedora kernel patches applied
- you are not building an rpm
- you are not tracking your kernel in the rpm database
- you can not easily back-out a kernel using yum
- you are bypassing the maximum number of kernels installed
- you may have problems with some Fedora-built software depending on the Fedora kernel config/patches
- you will always have to recreate problems using a Fedora kernel to report an issue
There are probably more things to consider, but these are the issues that come to mind immediately.
It's unclear to me whether you are telling me that there is a site within Linux Questions whose subject
is something like "Trouble Installing Fedora" ---or even "Trouble Installing Fedora 15." I'll search for such, or
similar Thread title.
Meantime I read the paper on How to ask good questions.