LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Fedora (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/)
-   -   How do I disable auto start of totem after inserting a dvd in dvd rom (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/how-do-i-disable-auto-start-of-totem-after-inserting-a-dvd-in-dvd-rom-664834/)

awmian 08-23-2008 11:35 AM

How do I disable auto start of totem after inserting a dvd in dvd rom
 
Whenever I insert a movie dvd, totem automatically starts. How do I stop it from doing this?

lazlow 08-24-2008 10:54 PM

Assuming gnome and F8: System->Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and Media, Multimedia tab, uncheck Play video DVD discs when inserted. You will probably have to logout and back in again, in order for it to take effect.

John VV 08-25-2008 12:22 AM

please do not post the same thing in two sections
here and in linux-software
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...vd-rom-664997/
double posting is frowned on

awmian 08-28-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazlow (Post 3258535)
Assuming gnome and F8: System->Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and Media, Multimedia tab, uncheck Play video DVD discs when inserted. You will probably have to logout and back in again, in order for it to take effect.

I'm using Fedora9. Sys->Pref->Hardware-> ...there is no Removable Drives and Media option over there ! Just the following options are available:
Default Printer; Keyboard; Mouse; PalmOS Devices; Screen Resolution; Sound; Volume Control.

awmian 08-30-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John VV (Post 3258591)
please do not post the same thing in two sections
here and in linux-software
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...vd-rom-664997/
double posting is frowned on

What other option do I have if no one is willing to step up and help in a particular forum?!!!!!!!!

John VV 08-30-2008 03:15 PM

have you tried editing the menu .Maybe a check box is not checked.
r-click on Applications and select edit
and look for "Removable Drives and Media"
and if there put a check in it .
--------------------
also posting what you have done already would be very helpful

awmian 09-06-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John VV (Post 3264730)
have you tried editing the menu .Maybe a check box is not checked.
r-click on Applications and select edit
and look for "Removable Drives and Media"
and if there put a check in it .[/b]

There is no "Removable Drives and Media"
Quote:

Originally Posted by John VV (Post 3264730)
also posting what you have done already would be very helpful

Well all I did was after installing Fedora when I inserted a DVD in the drive totem automatically started and a dialog box appeared with a check box option asking if I wanted totem to start by default whenever a DVD is inserted which at that time I checked.
Now I don't want totem to start but don't know how to disable it!

John VV 09-06-2008 11:26 AM

you could do this
open a terminal and run
Code:

gnome-volume-properties
that should open "Removable Drives and Media"

if not then see about renaming
~.gnome2/Totem/xine_config
to
~.gnome2/Totem/xine_config.backup
and restart totem

awmian 09-07-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John VV (Post 3271640)
you could do this
open a terminal and run
Code:

gnome-volume-properties
that should open "Removable Drives and Media"

Is there some specific path I need to give for this command because I'm getting "command not found".
Quote:

[awm@localhost ~]$ gnome-volume-properties
bash: gnome-volume-properties: command not found
Ok. I have found out how to disable totem. Its in the Nautilius File Manager window. Open a Nautilius file browser window and then Edit -> Preferences -> Media. Where I have the option to control what happens when I insert any media CD/DVD.

But now I am hung up on finding out why I do not have Removable Drives and Media Preferences. Any ideas?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.