LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Debian (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/)
-   -   Recompile Apache 2.2.22 with Another MPM (worker) (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/recompile-apache-2-2-22-with-another-mpm-worker-4175645542/)

Klaipedaville 01-05-2019 06:38 AM

Recompile Apache 2.2.22 with Another MPM (worker)
 
Could anybody advise please, how to safely recompile apache 2.2 with a different MPM, preferably worker on Debian? It's all good, up, and running now. Many thanks for any pointers / help / assistance in advance!

bathory 01-06-2019 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaipedaville (Post 5944846)
Could anybody advise please, how to safely recompile apache 2.2 with a different MPM, preferably worker on Debian? It's all good, up, and running now. Many thanks for any pointers / help / assistance in advance!

If apache is installed from packages, you can get the mpm-worker package from here.
But I suggest you to upgrade to apache-2.4, because apache-2.2 is discontinued

Regards

Klaipedaville 01-06-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathory (Post 5945200)
If apache is installed from packages, you can get the mpm-worker package from here.
But I suggest you to upgrade to apache-2.4, because apache-2.2 is discontinued

Regards

Thank you for your input. Well, I would like to keep apache 2.2 as there is a whole lot missing, for example mod_spamhaus doesn't work in 2.4, mog_qos does not work in 2.4, mod_security does not work in 2.4 and so on and so forth, the list is endless... I would like to keep these modules. I do not suffer from the very-latest-shiny-version-must-have syndrome, I am pretty much OK to use what I like :-)

bathory 01-06-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

I do not suffer from the very-latest-shiny-version-must-have syndrome
IMO it's not a syndrome, but the need to be up-to-date for security reasons.

Klaipedaville 01-06-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathory (Post 5945247)
IMO it's not a syndrome, but the need to be up-to-date for security reasons.

Could be but I am not a bank or anything to be that "worried" about security. Plus, the "latest security" misses out on dozens of useful features. I choose to be a tiny bit less secure with older versions and keep the features I like.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.