LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Debian (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/)
-   -   Firefox & Fonts (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/firefox-and-fonts-315388/)

littlemidget 04-20-2005 01:42 PM

Firefox & Fonts
 
I have a problem with Firefox and its fonts. They're too small. I have to use ctrl + to view websites correctly (like gmail.com). I have tried to change the font-size in "Edit" --> "Preferences" --> "Fonts & Colors", with no luck. Any ideas? :)

utanja 04-20-2005 01:50 PM

Re: Firefox & Fonts
 
Quote:

Originally posted by littlemidget
I have a problem with Firefox and its fonts. They're too small. I have to use ctrl + to view websites correctly (like gmail.com). I have tried to change the font-size in "Edit" --> "Preferences" --> "Fonts & Colors", with no luck. Any ideas? :)
from root....bring up firefox...
easy....from the edit menu in FF...
edit>preferences>fonts&colours...

:):):)

littlemidget 04-20-2005 02:02 PM

Re: Re: Firefox & Fonts
 
Quote:

Originally posted by utanja
from root....bring up firefox...
easy....from the edit menu in FF...
edit>preferences>fonts&colours...
:):):)

Uh.. Are you telling me to start Firefox as root?
And I have allready tried editing from the menu in Firefox. Just read my first post, and you'll see.

ironwalker 04-20-2005 02:37 PM

Did you raise the level for minimum font size as well as check to see if "always use my fonts" is ticked?
Also double check your font sizes and try raiseing more until you see change....sometimes a refresh will start new font size sometimes restarting firefox.

littlemidget 04-20-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ironwalker
Did you raise the level for minimum font size as well as check to see if "always use my fonts" is ticked?
Also double check your font sizes and try raiseing more until you see change....sometimes a refresh will start new font size sometimes restarting firefox.

I have tried everything - No difference.. :(

utanja 04-20-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: Firefox & Fonts
 
Quote:

Originally posted by littlemidget
Uh.. Are you telling me to start Firefox as root?
And I have allready tried editing from the menu in Firefox. Just read my first post, and you'll see.

only in root to make the changes in preferneces .....btw....this depend on whether you have
the ff files installed in the root owner/group or the local user owner/group...

i dont imply to run ff as root all the time...

if you are uncomfortable with running as root.....then try sudo firefox to use super menu...

littlemidget 04-20-2005 11:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Firefox & Fonts
 
Quote:

Originally posted by utanja
only in root to make the changes in preferneces .....btw....this depend on whether you have
the ff files installed in the root owner/group or the local user owner/group...

Code:

bluefish:~# firefox

(firefox-bin:4170): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

so .. I tried writing "xhost +" (yes, bad thing) - but not even that worked.

utanja 04-21-2005 12:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Firefox & Fonts
 
Quote:

Originally posted by littlemidget
Code:

bluefish:~# firefox

(firefox-bin:4170): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

so .. I tried writing "xhost +" (yes, bad thing) - but not even that worked.

startx as root....:).....sorry if i did not make that clear...

littlemidget 04-21-2005 07:03 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Firefox & Fonts
 
Quote:

Originally posted by utanja
startx as root....:).....sorry if i did not make that clear...
So I tried that, and the fonts in Firefox (when running as root) looks perfect :p

el_pajaro! 04-21-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

so .. I tried writing "xhost +" (yes, bad thing) - but not even that worked.
After xhost + , try as root:
export DISPLAY=:0


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.