LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   4MLinux (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/4mlinux-115/)
-   -   Firefox sound not working 21.0 (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/4mlinux-115/firefox-sound-not-working-21-0-a-4175601520/)

Edward4m 03-11-2017 05:38 AM

Firefox sound not working 21.0
 
Hi!
Compliments for the update! (very fast!)
However, sound in Firefox is not working.
It told me I need PulseAudio, which I downloaded, (tar.xz)
and turned it into an 'addon' succesfully. Easy peasy.
Renamed it, installed it (by rebooting), and it is to be found in /var/4Mlinux.
When I open the addon in /var/4Mlinux, everything seems to be there.
Question is: What's next?
(Sound not working in firefox, still.)
Do I also need Pavucontrol, perhaps?
Many thanks!

zk1234 03-11-2017 06:31 AM

Hi,

Which Firefox version are you running ?

.

Edward4m 03-11-2017 06:35 AM

52.0(32-bit) and up to date

zk1234 03-11-2017 06:48 AM

4MLinux installs Firefox 51.01 by default. I haven't tested the Firefox 52 series yet.

SOLUTION:
1) Restore the default version by executing in terminal:
Code:

4mlinuX getfirefox
2) Temporary disable Firefox updates in its options.
3) Wait several days when I add Firefox 52 to my distro.

.

Edward4m 03-11-2017 07:14 AM

Okay, done, and thanks for the quick response!
Perhaps I should have mentioned this to you earlier..:D
Enjoy your weekend!

zk1234 03-11-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward4m (Post 5681966)
Okay, done, and thanks for the quick response!
Perhaps I should have mentioned this to you earlier..:D
Enjoy your weekend!

You're welcome !

Edward4m 03-11-2017 12:48 PM

I have changed the name of this thread for others who might have the same issue.

Edward4m 03-23-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zk1234 (Post 5681957)
4MLinux installs Firefox 51.01 by default. I haven't tested the Firefox 52 series yet.

SOLUTION:
1) Restore the default version by executing in terminal:
Code:

4mlinuX getfirefox
2) Temporary disable Firefox updates in its options.
3) Wait several days when I add Firefox 52 to my distro.

.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

zk1234 04-01-2017 06:55 AM

Update:

4MLinux 21.1 (and later) has sound in the Firefox 52 series out of the box.
The workaround for older 4MLinux versions: https://www.mrfdev.com/youtube-flash-player

.

Edward4m 04-01-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zk1234 (Post 5691202)
Update:

4MLinux 21.1 (and later) has sound in the Firefox 52 series out of the box.
The workaround for older 4MLinux versions: https://www.mrfdev.com/youtube-flash-player

.

:thumbsup: wspaniale!

zk1234 04-01-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward4m (Post 5691286)
:thumbsup: wspaniale!

:hattip:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.