Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If the ./configure was OK. Now compile with make.
- If the compiling was OK type make install.
- Edit the /etc/ld.so.conf file and add the next line:
Save and exit.
Now you must compile the KDE sources follow the next way :
- Untar arts-1.3.1.tar.bz2 and compile (./configure && make && make install)
- Untar kde-libs-3.3.1.tar.bz2 and compile (./configure && make && make install)
- Untar kde-base-3.3.1.tar.bz2 and compile (./configure && make && make install)
- Untar kde-artwork-3.3.1.tar.bz2 and compile (./configure && make && make install)
If KDE it's not your window manager type "switchkdesk KDE"
Run startx. Enjoy!
Note : By default KDE come in English. If you want to change this you must compile kde-i18n-3.3.1.tar.bz2. (./configure && make && make install)