Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
CCNA Self Study: Intro to Cisco Network Technologies (INTRO)
Date product posted
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCNA fundamentals
Prepare for the CCNA INTRO exam 640-821 or CCNA exam 640-801 with a Cisco authorized self-study guide. You'll learn how to:
* Describe the basic components of a PC, the OSI model, and fundamental networking concepts and terminology
* Create a simple Ethernet network and describe the components and functions of an Ethernet LAN
* Determine the most appropriate network topology for typical user requirements
* Describe issues related to shared LANs, add hubs and switches to expand an Ethernet LAN, and optimize LANs
* Define how networks can be connected by routing protocols and how data is transmitted via routed networks
* Test the connectivity between hosts on a routed network
* Construct a network addressing scheme with subnet mask computations
* Compare UDP to TCP and explain the functions of both protocols in communicating with sites not on an Ethernet LAN
* Define major WAN access technologies
* Verify the default configuration of Cisco IOS devices
* Use Cisco IOS commands to determine network operational status and performance
CCNA Self-Study: Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool for fundamental CCNA knowledge. This book helps you become literate in the basics of internetworking, TCP/IP, and the use of Cisco IOS Software on Cisco switches and routers. An excellent introduction to computer networking, this book addresses fundamental terms and concepts as well as basic procedures for working with the Cisco command-line interface (CLI) to configure and operate Cisco IOS devices.
Designed as a self-study guide for the INTRO component of the CCNA exam, this comprehensive tutorial imparts important knowledge and skills necessary to describe and identify major network and WAN components along with their functions and purposes. This book covers topics on network types, network media, switching fundamentals, TCP/IP, IP addressing and routing, WAN technologies, operating and configuring Cisco IOS devices, and managing network environments. Divided into three core parts, this book covers internetworking basics, internetworking layers, and administering Cisco devices. Each chapter ends with extensive review questions to test your knowledge acquisition.
Full of detailed information and easy-to-grasp tutorials, CCNA Self-Study: Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) presents fundamental internetworking terms, concepts, and components and shows you how to apply this information to configure basic network connectivity via serial and LAN networks using PCs, hubs, routers, and switches. Whether you are studying to become CCNA certified or are simply seeking to gain a better understanding of networking fundamentals using the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) seven layer model, you will benefit from the information presented in this book.
CCNA Self-Study: Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press. Books in this series provide officially developed training solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.