Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated GNOME/GTK+ Programming Bible
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If GNOME/GTK+ can do it, you can do it too...Packed with lucid explanations, real-world examples, and a complete widget reference, this authoritative guide gives you all the tools you need to master the complex programming architecture of GNOME (GNU Object Model Environment) and GTK+ (the GIMP Toolkit). From widget and window basics to advanced topics such as MDI (Multiple Document Interface), computer language expert Arthur Griffith shows you step-by-step how to build dialogs, events, toolbars, and other interface elements that will bring your applications to life on the Linux desktop.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of GNOME/GTK+ programming
* Understand in detail how GNOME, GTK+, and the X Window System fit together
* Discover the programming tips and tricks that will turn you into a widget master
* Make the most of basic GUI building blocks, from windows to scroll bars
* Manipulate shapes, colors, and more to customize the look and feel of your GUI
* Add functionality to your GUI with MDI and other resources and even build your own custom widgets
* Set up a GNOME development environment that works the way you do
* Find out how GNOME programming differs from Windows programming, line by line