Ubuntu + MacBook Pro - Anyone done it?
The i386 bit is obvious, but I was wondering if anyone has got Ubuntu working on a MacBook Pro--considering things like EFI?
here is a list of apple laptops that people have gotten working with linux. Also tells you the distro.
Cheers tamoneya :)
New Intel based? Like These?
I think I just read in Linux Format magazine that Ubuntu and another distro (SUSE?) were working on a release. Fedora will not officially release? Just wait a bit longer.
Since Apple did away with BIOS be carefull, I also head of people trying to install WinXP(and failing) and rendering their system unbootable.
working now with FC5
I have this working now with FC5...
1. Install Apple Boot Camp in OSx
2. When asked for the install CD of XP, put in your FC5 (or other distro probably DVD)
3. install as normal - I wiped out all other partitions and have a full disk for linux
4. when 1st rebooting, grub will fail
5. boot with the fc5 dvd, and go into rescue mode - activate the network interfaces
6. chroot into your install image
7. from another machine, download the latest lilo version and kernel version from the internet
8. get these files onto your macbook system (i used nfs)
9. install the latest kernel rpm
10. install lilo and configure it for the new kerel
11. Boot UP!
system is working great - just got the fc5 ati packages from rpm.liva.org installed and wil now turn my attention to the wireless and audio
I can provide mre info if needed!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.|