Serious security problem on Ubuntu- Advise to upgrade your kernel
I found this important security news about ubuntu
There is a Serious security problem on Ubuntu The problem itself appear to be in the kernel from version 6.06, 8.04, 8.10, 9.04 and 9.10. 7.xx versions are not affected . This is a serious problem because it could allow full system access among others.
Canonical has been recommended as a solution to update the kernel of its various versions since the problem seriously affects them in addition to possible escalation of privilege of a stranger, a high consumption of network traffic and failure in the file system, FUSE does not handle While certain requests.
We leave then the list of kernels that have advised the update as versions:
* Ubuntu 6.06 – linux-image-2.6.15-55.82 * Ubuntu 6.06 - linux-image-2.6.15-55.82
* Ubuntu 8.04 – linux-image-2.6.24-27.65 * Ubuntu 8.04 - linux-image-2.6.24-27.65
* Ubuntu 8.10 – linux-image-2.6.28-17.45 * Ubuntu 8.10 - linux-image-2.6.28-17.45
* Ubuntu 9.04 – linux-image-2.6.28-18.59 * Ubuntu 9.04 - linux-image-2.6.28-18.59
* Ubuntu 9.10 – linux-image-2.6.31-19.56 * Ubuntu 9.10 - linux-image-2.6.31-19.56
Ubuntu 9.10's Update Manager automatically offered the update to 2.6.31-19.56
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.|