UbuntuThis forum is for the discussion of Ubuntu Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I installed openSuSE 10.2. It comes with Firefox 2.0 and an older version of Flashplayer (don't recall which one). Audio as for e.g. on youtube.com worked fine.
After I've updated both Firefox to 2.0.4 and Flashplayer I have the same problem I had with when using ubuntu. I need to find a way to downgrade the flashplayer, maybe this is the cause.
Will post here with new insights. Thanks to all.
I just don't understand why you're the only one having the issue...
Have you tried running Opera, and seeing if you still have the problem when using Opera?
After fooling with this problem for months, I finally got it working -- at least for now. After reading an article on ALSA, I decided to see what sound daemons were running on my box by using the "ps ax" command. I should have done this long ago. After finding that both esd and artsd were running, I killed them and restarted firefox. Amazing. Synchronized sound on flashplayer 9. Hope this helps someone else. I sure was getting tired of switching back and forth between release 7 and release 9.
I am running ubuntu 8.04 with latest updates. I still have no audio when playing back movies from youtube.com or the like. But I tried this:
I installed the win version of firefox using wine and the flashplayer for windows shortly after and guess what: it works, i.e. I now have sound when playing back flash. I pay this "virtualization" with some framerates so this is not an enjoyable solution, but it limits the problem to the actual flashplayer and my sound devices. I have another PC which I maintain and where everything works fine.
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
Samplingrate auf 48000Hz gesetzt (gefordert waren 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 17 to 17832
Period size range from 17 to 17833
Using max buffer size 17832
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 0
was set buffer_size = 17832
0 - Vorne Links
Floating point exception
I tried the speaker-test example you tried and it doesn't work for me either. Maybe my Ensoniq 1371 sound card is not fully supported. Anyway, it works with the following options:
speaker-test -t wav -c 2
and I hear the nice lady talking to me.
Ever since my original post three months ago, Flashplayer has been working well without me jumping through any hoops. I sure wish I had documented every step I took, but I had nearly given up on getting it to work.