LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Ubuntu (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/)
-   -   I need help with knewsticker applet. (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/i-need-help-with-knewsticker-applet-669394/)

Giant Speck 09-12-2008 12:54 AM

I need help with knewsticker applet.
 
Hello, all.

I've been struggling with the KDE Panel applet called Knewsticker in Kubuntu 8.04 for a while now.

It's not the functionality of the applet itself that is aggravating me. The applet itself works great. However, there are a few graphical problems that I can't seem to figure out how to fix.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...e/theme5-1.png

When knewsticker is running in a panel, it shows a button for a drop-down menu. The button appears differently depending on your KDE style, which in my case is Serenity. However, it is completely unneeded because you can get the exact same menu by right clicking on the scroll area.

So my question is, is there any way to configure knewsticker or install some sort of patch that removes the button altogether? I found one on KDE-Apps.org, but it does not give proper instructions as to how to install it.

In addition, while it doesn't actually bother me, is there a way to remove the border as well?

Thanks for any help!
Jesse

{BBI}Nexus{BBI} 09-12-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Speck (Post 3278008)
So my question is, is there any way to configure knewsticker or install some sort of patch that removes the button altogether? I found one on KDE-Apps.org, but it does not give proper instructions as to how to install it.

Perhaps a link to the patch. Someone may be able to help you to get it installed.

Giant Speck 09-12-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {BBI}Nexus{BBI} (Post 3278098)
Perhaps a link to the patch. Someone may be able to help you to get it installed.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=15201

{BBI}Nexus{BBI} 09-12-2008 11:19 AM

I had a look at that patch. First it was made for KDE3 so I don't know if it will work with KDE4. Second the instructions are awful! Third I could not find a kdenetwork directory and finally I couldn't find where kdenetwork/kdenetwork.cpp lives either.

Giant Speck 09-12-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {BBI}Nexus{BBI} (Post 3278432)
I had a look at that patch. First it was made for KDE3 so I don't know if it will work with KDE4. Second the instructions are awful! Third I could not find a kdenetwork directory and finally I couldn't find where kdenetwork/kdenetwork.cpp lives either.

I'm not really concerned about it working in KDE 4, as I use KDE 3 and will be using it until it is deemed unsupported. But that is a different story.

I agree that the instructions are written horribly and that I couldn't find those directories and files are located.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.