I had describe what is my PC.
1 HD SATA 80 GiB with weendous ecks-pi installation.
1 HD IDE 160 GiB with partitions, in the following physical order:
- sda2: 256 MiB, /boot
- sda3: 5.6 GiB, /
- sda5 (L): 15 GiB, /usr
- sda6 (L): 60 GiB, /home
- sda7 (L): 2 GiB, /var
- sda8 (L): 1 GiB, /tmp
- sda9 (L): 2 GiB, swap
- sda1: NTFS, file repository
DVD R/RW IDE SONY 20X
Installation ran smoothly enough (I needed to choose safe graphics mode, though, to avoid freezing).
Here are the problems I had had when I tried to solve this by myself:
- it tooks 2 minutes to load kubuntu image (yes, to load the splash screen)
- it tries to boot and gave up waiting for root device
- it says /dev/disk/byuuid/___ is not present
- it says there could be some missing modules
I tried add some boot parameters as I did some time on an Intel Celeron: acpi=force pnpbios=off and nothing happened.
I also tried to fix boot with SuperGrub unsuccessfully, trying to activate /boot partition.
I will appreciate any advice you have on this.
..."if voting would be worth for anything, it would be illegal"