LinuxQuestions.org
Visit the LQ Articles and Editorials section
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > Linux - News > Syndicated Linux News
User Name
Password
Syndicated Linux News This forum is for the discussion of Syndicated Linux News stories.

Notices



Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
LXer
LXer NewsBot
 
Registered: Dec 2005
Posts: 76,338

Rep: Reputation: 87
LXer: Gartner: Open source in every business within 12 months


Published at LXer:

Open-source software is almost universal in the enterprise, a survey from analyst group Garner has confirmed. New research has highlighted quite how pervasive open-source software (OSS) has become, with 85% of companies currently using OSS and the remaining 15% expecting to in the next 12 months. The findings come from a Gartner survey in May and June 2008, which covered 274 end-user organizations in Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America, and raise a series of management issues for businesses.

Read More...
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LXer: Gartner: Open source will quietly take over LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 04-06-2008 07:00 PM
LXer: Commercial Software Will Include Open Source, Gartner Says LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 09-20-2007 03:20 PM
LXer: Gartner: Stay rational with open source LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 08-18-2006 05:03 PM
LXer: Sun says open-source Java possible in 'months' LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 06-28-2006 05:21 PM
LXer: Companies to pick open source and Windows, says Gartner LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 06-24-2006 02:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration