I'm using opensuse 10.3, and trying to install an rpm using zypper (dependencies also need to be installed, hence why I'm not just using rpm -i
According to this
I should be able to just give zypper the path to the rpm, but that's not working, it says it can't find the package.
To ensure there isn't a problem with the rpm file itself, I've downloaded one from the standard opensuse repo here to demo the problem:
linux:/home/openSauce # ls agrep-0.7.5-37.x86_64.rpm
linux:/home/openSauce # zypper in ./agrep-0.7.5-37.x86_64.rpm
* Reading repository 'non-oss' cache
* Reading repository 'src-non-oss' cache
* Reading repository 'src-oss' cache
* Reading repository 'oss' cache
* Reading installed packages [100%]
package './agrep-0.7.5-37.x86_64.rpm' not found
Nothing to do.
I get the same error when I just use the file name of the rpm with no ./, or when I give the full path to the file.