SUSE / openSUSEThis Forum is for the discussion of Suse Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I got this setup:
- Asus M2N32, Athlon X2, 4G Ram, Raid 5
- dom0 on lvm, boots always
- tried to create a domU using dirinstall
- creating a volume lamp in group VGsys with 5G and ext4
- mount /dev/VGsys/lamp /var/tmp/dirinstall
- yast dirinstall: fails when calling dirinstall_finish
- tried to create a domU using vm-install
- creating a volume lamp2 in group VGsys with 5G and ext4
- vm-install fails too
- tried to make an image on susestudio, successfully, but that does not boot, failing when trying to mount the rood partition
- copied the dom0 image to a domU disk
none of these domU booted sucessfully, all of them showed the following messages:
register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
Volume group "VGsys" not found
- kernels used 22.214.171.124 and kotd 126.96.36.199 give same results
I am told to disable scsi subsystem in the kernel, I have compiled a kernel before, but
1) I cannot believe I am the only one having this issue or I miss something truely obvious (then what do I miss, please?)
2) dirinstall and vm-install worked in 11.1, there were issues, but recoverable, why now not in 11.2?