SUSE / openSUSEThis Forum is for the discussion of Suse Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Somewhere near 3 or 4 or 6 weeks ago I added the KDE supplementary ftp site into the install portion it's right by where the cd installation media is in there in Yast.
Then I had clicked add/install software then searched KDE then right clicked, chose all_in_list to update if newer is available then accepted and it did update, lots if not all KDE stuff to 3.3.2
Been working fine, cannot run any better than this!
Since has been a while, I thought I'd check it the supplementary for any new/newer. But most my packages are stuck on "keep"
But I've looked the sticky threads, tried refresh the supplementary ftp. I also turned off the cd disk source so that the supplementary is the only one available. And then, add/install and the KDE if not most packages are stuck on "keep" for some reason -- I mouse over a package and it says "not available for install"
Is something wrong with the Yast here or am I missing something or are others also affected like me like as if they locked the supplementary