Hopefully, something here will be of assistance to you. This relates to a problem I had with SUSE10. I've since removed SUSE10 from my system. Too many issues for me right now. If this doesn't help, I tried. This is quoted information from myself and another individual.
What is mentioned below sounds like a viable solution. Also, I have read that using packman repos has solved the problem for others. I would tend to go with what follows however, this is not my personal experience but that of another individual. "I did the following to test this by using 'su -' in the Konsole, the '-' is important:-
> su -
$ /etc/init.d/alsasound stop
$ /etc/init.d/alsasound start
I then followed the prompts and alsaconf configured everything necessary and ran a test .wav file. Tremendous, the hardware and software were sound capable!
Unfortunately on the next reboot I was back to where I started from. YaST Sound couldn't configure the sound card, neither that set up by alsasound when I went through the above procedure nor the other real one that YaST had found. Oddly enough even when I didn't run the above alsa procedures YaST sound always found two sound cards, a dummy one called 'sound card' and the real one, neither of which would it allow me to configure.
Now for the GOOD NEWS, someone mentioned having a similar problem and that by removing the /etc/modprobe.d/sound file he got his system working. I did the same and amazingly enough YaST now only saw my real sound card AND allowed me to configure it! I immediately re-booted and logged on as a normal user, and can report that the kde desktop sounds work and amaroK now plays my music."