Suse/NovellThis Forum is for the discussion of Suse Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
yes, I recently did a KDE upgrade and the only similar problem occurances I found where Debian as you correctly recalled, the solution I remember seeing was to downgrade just the kdesu executables
Since I used the KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2/ on opensuse.org I assume that others did the same upgrade and would have have the same error. I checked what kde rpms I had installed and they seemed to be consistant except for the 32bit libs which aren't in the upgrade repo.
Seems my alternatives are:
-post to other forums
-downgrade to original kde rpms
-live with it
Less than 24h ago an update to yast2-sudo has been released.
Description: This patch fixes the problem in yast2-sudo module. Using yast2-sudo to edit /etc/sudoers file may result in corrupt configuration, which makes kdesu defunct.
I removed the sudo and yast2-sudo rpms and then reinstalled them, I also cleared my sudousers file just in case (of course I saved and reused it). I then tested yast2-sudo and thing went fine when I ran kdesu.