Originally Posted by ciaran_skye
I'm having a problem with Firefox (and Epiphany, but not plain vanilla Mozilla), basically locking up and using 100 percent CPU while it's rendering a page. Even on broadband trying to connect to a slow server like Wikipedia cause it to almost completely stop working for the entire time its loading. (Sometimes 15-20 seconds or more for several pages.) It might allow me to click new links, but they don't open immediately and have the same problem.
If I move a window in over the Firefox page while its rendering a new page (even in an unseen tab) it leaves trails since it's not updating at all and moving another window even while its idle pull the CPU up to 100 percent. Even scrolling this page caused the CPU to go up to 100 percent.
It's done it for Versions 1.0.7 and 1.5 and it doesn't matter if its compiled by Mozilla or an RPM from SuSE.
Konqueror quite simply can't do what Firefox can when it comes to options. I like how I have Firefox configured, but it just runs super slow.
I've disabled IPv6 and based on another thread, but its done nothing.
You don't have to reinstall anything:
~/.mozilla to ~/mozilla (no dot in front)
Hopefully this will help. If so, copy your bookmarks from ~/mozilla/firefox/profile_name (random letters)
~/.mozilla/firefox/profile_name (random letters)