Deleted Repository Now Get errors
On the advice from someone to delete repositories, I did. But then when I run software management or software repository, I get the following error in a pop-up window:
There was an error in the repository initialization.
File './repo/repoindex.xml' not found on medium 'http://packman.links2linux.de/package/?cookies=0'
- [AbstractCommand.cc:224] URI=http://packman.links2linux.de/package/repo/repoindex.xml?cookies=0
I added the repositories back in YaST and also tried a different mirror for packman but I still get this error.
I don't know where to look to see what is causing this, any ideas?
In YaST when I look at installed packages and the versions, some versions are blue and some are red. What do the different colors mean?
'Red' isn't necessarily a 'problem'; if using, eg, factory, a well known tactic is to enable the repo, get the updates and then disable the repo. The packages will then turn red, but if you have once got a stable situation, you won't get updates to a situation which may be less stable, or contain experimental features that you don't want. (Some will argue '...and where's the fun in that...' of course.)
For more advice on the rest, you may have to say which version of SuSE, which GUI and maybe even how you did this.
Where exactly are you setting this up (there are several ways of skinning this particular cat and you could be just using one with which I am not familiar) and where did you get the information that you are adding in?
if you are using 11.3/KDE you can tell what is coming from which repo by selecting the repo view (didn't exist in 11.1...not sure about 11.2, I've never used it). alternatively, you can select a 'red' package and go into 'versions'.
To add a repo, you can use webpin or 'one click install' to find a repo with a suitable version of the package. Copy the repo address. Go into yast > install and remove > configuration and add a repo as http, pasting the text that you got earlier. Add a repo name, without 'special' characters such as underscores, etc. Yast will rebuild the package list, showing the effect of your changes.
In general the operation of priorities has changed a bit over releases, and 11.2 was probably the first release in which it worked vaguely correctly. In earlier versions be prepared to select versions manually to sort out the more tricky cases. In the later version, life is a bit simpler. In 11.3 you can probably get away with setting everything at the default priority (but I still let all of the basics have 99, set the 'add-ons' to 105 (eg, packman, webapps, server monitoring) and any personal repos (with someone's name in them...because I think that they are more likely to come and go over time) to 110, but that may just be a habit that I have retained from back when priorities didn't really work all that cleanly).
Thanks for the help. I clicked on View services and there were repository entries related to the errors. I deleted them and so far everything has been working ok. Thanks again for helping.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.|