Solaris / OpenSolarisThis forum is for the discussion of Solaris and OpenSolaris.
General Sun, SunOS and Sparc related questions also go here.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
There's not enough info to answer/troubleshoot your (possible) problem.
- what else besides a directory server is running on (one of) these servers?,
- how is load-balancing set up (round-robin/weighted/etc ?),
- how is SunOne directory server set up (master-master/master-slave, read-write for both or read only for the slave?),
- hardware differences,
This might not be a problem at all. If both boxes perform nicely seen from the users/applications then the difference in CPU utilization between the 2 isn't an issue.
- There's nothing except directory server application on these servers.
- Load balancing is F5, and both servers are behind F5 (I am not much sure about different set ups, but many other servers groups are behind F5 and their cpu utilization is similar if I compare for whole month, I mean if I look any other group of two servers that are behind F5 then their cpu utilization is quite similar i.e. two parallel graphs)
- Both are read-read instances.
- No difference in H/W architecture.
Last edited by shivaa; 01-13-2013 at 07:02 AM.