LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Other *NIX Forums > Solaris / OpenSolaris
User Name
Password
Solaris / OpenSolaris This forum is for the discussion of Solaris and OpenSolaris.
General Sun, SunOS and Sparc related questions also go here.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 02:07 AM   #1
abd_bela
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2002
Location: algeria
Distribution: redhat 7.3, debian lenny
Posts: 591

Rep: Reputation: 31
how to mount linux partition


Hi,
I am using opensolaris, ( in-preview ) uname -a gave

SunOS opensolaris 5.11 snv_75 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

Since I am new to solaris I have many questions, please some one can help me, thanks in advance

This is the first one :
I have opensolaris and linux ( debian 4.0 ) installed on my laptop, I want to mount linux partition from solaris. The disk is identified as (/dev/sda on linux, the linux partition I want to mount is sda3 )
/dev/dsk/c8t0d0

the format command gives:
0. c8t0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 1997 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
/pci@0,0/pci103c,30a5@1f,2/disk@0,0
what should be the mount command ?

secondly:
I have a problem to configure permanently the network card, When I use the ifconfig, it works, but if I put the address in the file /etc/hostname.rtls0 (rtls0 name of the module), it seems not be read, I don't get the address. The name of my machine is opensolaris, it is save in /etc/nodename. What is wrong here

Thanks for help
bela
 
Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
jlliagre
Moderator
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: Outside Paris
Distribution: Solaris10, Solaris 11, Mint, OL
Posts: 9,486

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_bela View Post
Hi,
I am using opensolaris, ( in-preview ) uname -a gave
Please tell instead you are using Indiana preview as Open Solaris is ambiguous.
Quote:
I have opensolaris and linux ( debian 4.0 ) installed on my laptop, I want to mount linux partition from solaris. The disk is identified as (/dev/sda on linux, the linux partition I want to mount is sda3 )
/dev/dsk/c8t0d0

the format command gives:
0. c8t0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 1997 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
/pci@0,0/pci103c,30a5@1f,2/disk@0,0
what should be the mount command ?
Provided the required packages are there, the command should be:
Code:
mount -o ro -F ext2fs /dev/dsk/c8d0p3 /mnt
Quote:
I have a problem to configure permanently the network card, When I use the ifconfig, it works, but if I put the address in the file /etc/hostname.rtls0 (rtls0 name of the module), it seems not be read, I don't get the address. The name of my machine is opensolaris, it is save in /etc/nodename. What is wrong here
I don't know.
What says "ifconfig -a" after booting ?
Any messages about rtls (dmesg | grep rtls) ?
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why won't Linux allow me to mount my Windows partition? agentchange Suse/Novell 5 06-11-2006 11:18 AM
mount windows xp partition on linux sachin_malik Linux - General 3 02-07-2006 07:47 PM
how can I mount linux partition to win xp ozy777ozy Linux - Enterprise 4 09-21-2004 12:40 AM
grub can't mount linux partition bruno buys Linux - General 1 09-29-2003 01:10 PM
How to mount another linux partition? frontier1 Linux - General 4 04-09-2003 09:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration