I'm doing a schoolproject about operating systems and my subject is Solaris. I've made a list of questions I had to ask an "expert" in Solaris. I need these questions answered by friday but Sun MS isnt responding to my mails.
Could anyone answer these questions for me?
Just as much as possible.
If you can't answer them or they are inapropriate, just leave em blanc
1. How long does Sun Microsystems exist?
2. Wich operating systems does Sun make (beside Solaris)?
3. With what purpose is Sun established? (why was it created?)
4. What features are new about Solaris 10?
5. Do you use Solaris at your work?
6. Do you use it at home?
7. What is Solaris really for? Also as desktop OS or as a server platform?
8. What is going to change about Solaris in the future?
9. What do you think of Solaris yourself?
10. Do you think it is going to be used more in the future?
11. Is Solaris usable for beginning computer users?
12. What is to be changed to make Solaris more userfriendly and effecient?
13. Why should I choose for Solaris and not for Windows, Mac OS X or Linux?
14. How is it possible for Solaris to work with Linux and Windows? (interoperates?)
15. When do you think a new version of Solaris will be released?
16. Where do I find software for Solaris?
17. If I woukld have problems with Solaris, let's say the installation, Would I have to contact Sun or would it be better to drop my question at a random forum?
18.Is Solaris's sourcecode free available or is it closed-source?
19. Would I need a heavy computer or could my old dusty Pentium 2 work as smooth?
20. Could every computer (if fast enough) run Solaris or do the motherboard, processor and BIOS type matter?
I know I can get info from google but my assigment says I have to ask an expert.
Thans anyway =)