I'm no Slack expert yet, but after some digging here's a nice FAQ type explanation for anyone with a Hardware Raid SCSI box and also with a SCSI CD-Rom drive---
My system: Dell Poweredge 4300, 2x-PII-350's, 6-4.3gb raided with the Dell/AMI MegaRAID II card, Floppy and SCSI CD-ROM on the second Adaptec embedded UW controller on the MOBO. This should work for other types of SCSI Raid cards (If supported by the raid.s kernel) and Adaptec controlled SCSI-CD-Rom drives.
Here are the steps:
A. Do a Google search for "kernel-modules-2.4.22-i486-2" download
the .gz from one of the "hits".
B. Un-tar and save module aic7xxx.o to a floppy. You will need this later in step "5" below.
1. Boot your system and enable your CD-ROM device as bootable in the
SCSI Bios setup.
2. Boot up your Slackware 9.1 Install CD-I (You did download an burn them
from the ISO's right?)
3. Select kernel image "raid.s" this will allow recognition of your SCSI drives.
4. Log in as "root"...
5. Insert the floppy with aic7xxx.o on it into your floppy drive.
6. Do "mount /mnt/fd0 /mnt"
7. cd to /mnt
8. Do "insmod aic7xxx.o" (this sets up the adaptec SCSI support in the
insmod - "install loadable module").
9. Run "setup" normally, select your mount points, etc. (I'm presuming you
have run fdisk or cfdisk
10. Select your "source" as CD-ROM and allow setup to search for it...
11. VIOLA!! Slackware "sees" your CD-Rom drive running on the Adaptec
controller and your RAID drives are still recognized!
12. Continue with the installation normally!