I finally got round to installing Slack 10.2 last night. Well to be completly honest this is how the evening went (after much playing the weekend) : -
- went to the bios and made the recovery partion available to modify.
- Loaded Knoppix and run QTParted to nuked the whole drive. (Told you I'd had enough
- Loaded XP. During the instalation I limited the XP partion to 10gb
- Loaded Knoppix and run qt parted and created a 10 gb Fat32 partion so it could be accessed by Slack and windoz.
- Run the Slack install. Loaded LILO to the MBR and hey presto all was well.
Well..... Almost. My trackpoint is not working but that may be my falut for not selecting the correct item in the install. Same with the sound but I'm sure I'll work them out. Totally into slack now.
Thanks for your help.