[SOLVED] VirtualBox; USB; Permissions.
Some links: Same Failure
A possible, over-complicated solution a bit hard to understand (what with the cyrillic code to input?): [EDIT: NO NEED FOR THAT]
OK, now for the real meat:
Slack 12.2, 2.6.27 H-SMP - VBox 2.0.6, 2.1.0, 2.1.2 were all tested.
1) I do have a sane USB subsystem; stuff gets into lsusb, I can use them from Konqueror whatever, one of them is even in my fstab (ext usb drive that stays there all time) My average user has rights OK on them.
2) VirtualBox would play my usb devices fairly if run as root (Not Good).
3) I am a member of vboxusers and plugdev (and, for testing, Haldaemeon, about most anything but root I must say; wheel for sudo anyway).
--So,looks like Permissions issue then--
Doing some extra reading...
4) I do use the PUEL version, not the OSE one.
5) I made the /etc/udev/rules.d/60-vboxdrv.rules file 777, and inside the file switched all to 666 and group wheel (was root):[EDIT: NO NEED FOR THAT]
I did not had to make all that extra effort with Fedora; Looking at groups and perms on my Fed'10 laptop, it looks pretty standard, there is no "special" but the vboxusers of course.
Any help?[EDIT: SEE BELOW]I would appreciate some more light shed on this to make VirtualBox understand I do have right over these USB devices.
Once and for all.
From this thread:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.|