I've been trying to figure out why my microphone recording is so week in linux. The same microphone with the same sound card work like a charm in windows XP, but in linux it pretty doesn't record. I tried turning everything on and all the way up in alsamixer and that didn't help. About 10 people on freenode spent quite a lot of time trying to get my mic to record well by playing with alsamixer, but without luck. At this point I have no clue what the problem is and what to do.
you can find the following info:
- alsamixer /proc info screen
- alsamixer capture controls only
- alsamixer playback controls only
- Microphone recording test in Windows XP
- Microphone recording test in Slackware 10.2 (turn your volume all the way up :/)
Thanks for all the help in advance. This forum has been helpful throughout the years and I hope you guys will be able to help out on this one as well.