On May 23 I wrote the following email to Andreas Liebschner, using the contact information provided at packages.slackware.it. Several days later, I received an error message from a mail server for the freakslab.it domain, where he apparently redirected his mail, saying that the connection had timed out for freakslab.it. I searched his name on the web and found a GMail account where I forwarded the original message, but this was on friday and I still have not received a reply, so I'm not sure I will be able to contact him.
Maybe a member from the Slackware team is able to contact him and forward him my message.
I just noticed packages.slackware.it lets you search for files and
packages from slackware64-current already. However, the query is now a
bit weird as the name for that branch is "slackware-slackware64-curre"
and, when querying it, the "v=" part reads "slackware64-curre".
I was wondering if this was going to be permanent or temporary, since
I'd like to be able to query the package browser from the command line
with slackroll, and need to code support for that in the program.
My proposal, if possible, is to change the current state and unify the
names properly. For example, the branch could be called
"slackware64-current" and you could change the package browser so it
passes the full version as the "v" form parameter, so it would be:
And so on. This way it is easier for me because I barely have to add any
special code to support slackware64, and it looks better on the site.