stderr is not a tty - where are you? xsession error
This is my first error line from / home/ me /xsession-errors
I have tried and failed the following:
1) install getty package (I was using util-linux that has agetty)
2) command biff n to turn off biff a mail file
3) edit /etc/inittab in 2 places
for the line with tty4 add run level 4 which is my default mode for running slackware 10 KDE
add a line beneath
x1: etc that is
4) Confirm the owner and permissions of my home file ./ICEauthoriity and ./Xauthority and for good measure ./xsexxion-errors are me and rw-rw-rw-
5) When I open a console and type "tty" my response is /dev/pts/1
When I go to /dev/pts sometimes I only see /pts0 and other times I see /pts1??
6) /dev/stderr links to /dev/fd/2 and that links to /root/xsession
AS you can see I have tried a few things and have no luck.
Any clues on what I have overlooked?
I am using KDE as we speak so I know I have X running.