Hello ! :-)
sorry for these basic questions but I am trying to learn linux as a beginner with slackware. After trying to find some man pages, I end up here for some basic questions... I guess you will find it easy
1. I modifed /etc/inittab in order to start under X and it works but i don't get kdm ( the same one I launched manually before as root...) ... i get a basic one with a sunflower that might be xdm...
How do I set kdm to be selected by default?
2. my network car is an onboard nforce2, I can't see it with ifconfig ... is there a way to probe my harware in order to set it up?
3. I tried to adjust my screen using xvidtune but:
- I don't manage to spread the image to the whole screen which windows seems to do fine !?...
- when I reboot, my xvidtune settings are gone ... is there a way to save them automatically or I have no choice but copy and paste the frequencies into the config file?
Thanks for your help! :-)