SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Starting openoffice from the commandline fails with the following message (in a message box):
"The application could not be started.
An internal error occurred." (Translated from German)
OO was installed by downloading the rpm package converting it to tgz with rpm2tgz and then running packagetool.
I'm running Slackware 10.2 with KDE 3.4. It's the same with xfce.
I checked the md5 checksums.
I added the path /usr/local/opt/openoffice.org2.0/program and ~/share to etc/profile (echo $PATH proofs that).
In athread from the beginning of the year I read something about rpm2tgz cutting off parts of the files due to not enough memory. The tgz files generated by rpm2tgz are slightly smaller than the the rpms.
In the logfiles however I did not discover any message pointing to a reason.