slackware64-current thunar 1.6.2 problems
I have been having a problem since updating to 1.6.2 thunar currently in slackware64-current and I have been unable to resolve it. After a myriad of searching I'm turning here for assistance hoping someone else may have ran into this problem as I am experiencing it on two of my machines that I've updated.
When I plug in a USB drive and I open 'file manager' in the previous 1.4.0 thunar it would show a lightly grayed out device that I could click in which it would mount said device and no longer be grayed, it would also have a eject button.
After updating to 1.6.2 it no longer does this and I see errors in the console pertaining to thunar-volman process:
I'm not sure what's going on or how to resolve this. I've reinstalled gvfs, udisks, udisks2, thunar and thunar-volman from slackware64-current and searching did not come up with any answers.
Has anyone ran into this on slackware64-current that has updated to thunar?
Just tested this in Thunar and it's working here. The error message containing "g-dbus-error-quark" makes me wonder if you missed the upgrade to glib2-2.34.3 and/or the addition of dconf-0.14.1?
Interesting, I was indeed missing the dconf installation but after installation, and a reboot, it's still not working :( I still have a few items left if I do a slackpkg install-new that are available for installation such as KDE stuff etc. Is there any place I can see which dependencies are required for each installation that I might be missing ? I found some information from archlinux pertaining to libgdu but I installed that and it did not resolve anything either. I MUST be missing something if it's working for everyone else. Is there also a way to list what files I haven't yet installed yet from install-new ?
I have the same problem like you.I recompile all my packages with custom CFLAGS.And when update comes i've been to laze to compile stuff and simply run slackpkg upgrade-all,and no automount after that.The way that i solve my problem is just to recompile gvfs package.
aaa_elflibs >= 14.0-x86_64-4|bzip2 >= 1.0.6-x86_64-1
aaa_elflibs >= 14.0-x86_64-4|expat >= 2.0.1-x86_64-2
aaa_elflibs >= 14.0-x86_64-4|gcc >= 4.8.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien
aaa_elflibs >= 14.0-x86_64-4|libpng >= 1.4.12-x86_64-1
aaa_elflibs >= 14.0-x86_64-4|pcre >= 8.12-x86_64-1
aaa_elflibs >= 14.0-x86_64-4|zlib >= 1.2.6-x86_64-1
atk >= 2.6.0-x86_64-1
cairo >= 1.12.14-x86_64-1
dbus >= 1.6.8-x86_64-1
dbus-glib >= 0.100.2-x86_64-1
exo >= 0.10.2-x86_64-1
fontconfig >= 2.10.2-x86_64-3
freetype >= 2.4.11-x86_64-1
gcc-g++ >= 4.8.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien
gdk-pixbuf2 >= 2.26.5-x86_64-1
glib2 >= 2.34.3-x86_64-1
gtk+2 >= 2.24.17-x86_64-1
libICE >= 1.0.8-x86_64-1
libSM >= 1.2.1-x86_64-1
libX11 >= 1.5.0-x86_64-1
libXau >= 1.0.7-x86_64-1
libXcomposite >= 0.4.4-x86_64-1
libXcursor >= 1.1.13-x86_64-1
libXdamage >= 1.1.4-x86_64-1
libXdmcp >= 1.1.1-x86_64-1
libXext >= 1.3.1-x86_64-1
libXfixes >= 5.0-x86_64-1
libXi >= 1.7-x86_64-1
libXinerama >= 1.1.2-x86_64-1
libXrandr >= 1.4.0-x86_64-1
libXrender >= 0.9.7-x86_64-1
libexif >= 0.6.21-x86_64-1
libffi >= 3.0.13-x86_64-1
libnotify >= 0.7.5-x86_64-1
libxcb >= 1.9-x86_64-1
libxfce4ui >= 4.10.0-x86_64-1
libxfce4util >= 4.10.0-x86_64-1
pango >= 1.30.1-x86_64-1
pixman >= 0.28.2-x86_64-1
startup-notification >= 0.12-x86_64-1
udev >= 182-x86_64-6
util-linux >= 2.21.2-x86_64-5
xcb-util >= 0.3.8-x86_64-1
xfce4-panel >= 4.10.0-x86_64-1
xfconf >= 4.10.0-x86_64-1
Fantastic application thank you!
I'll do a cross check and see what I'm missing and get back to this thread. Thank You!
I'm at a total loss now as to what to do now other than roll back to the old thunar 1.4.0 since that still works. I've cross referenced the dep list on the two machines that I had upgraded and all the above dependencies are installed and are on versions required.
I just tested the upgrade on one of my VM's that was on 1.4.0 thunar and it gives me the same errors in the console window when I present a usb drive to the VM ...
I rolled back the following files and thunar is working properly again:
I'm going to just leave it as is for now, I can't really mark this as solved since 1.6.2 still doesn't work on any of my machines on 64-current.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.|