LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   slackware-current installed nothing (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackware-current-installed-nothing-4175476914/)

guanx 09-12-2013 05:41 PM

slackware-current installed nothing
 
This thread is marked as SOLVED but I still have exactly the same problem with the slackware-current DVD from the Mon Sep 9 03:34:59 UTC 2013 snapshot.

I have triple-checked to veryfy that the problem is reproducible.

volkerdi 09-12-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guanx (Post 5026742)
This thread is marked as SOLVED but I still have exactly the same problem with the slackware-current DVD from the Mon Sep 9 03:34:59 UTC 2013 snapshot.

I have triple-checked to veryfy that the problem is reproducible.

I installed several times yesterday and did not run into this issue.

If you're using the USB installer, are you sure that it's the latest one?

Is isolinux/setpkg on your DVD the latest version?

Code:

62f470b63fe6fac09d59276cdad1734d  isolinux/setpkg
If you've checked these things and can still reproduce the problem, please post exactly which version of -current you're using (I'm assuming 32-bit since you don't say slackware64-current), and the exact method used to boot the installer, the package source used, partition details, and any other details that you think might be important.

guanx 09-12-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkerdi (Post 5026750)
...
If you're using the USB installer, are you sure that it's the latest one?

I'm using the DVD installer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkerdi (Post 5026750)
Is isolinux/setpkg on your DVD the latest version?

Code:

62f470b63fe6fac09d59276cdad1734d  isolinux/setpkg

The file exists and checksum is correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkerdi (Post 5026750)
If you've checked these things and can still reproduce the problem, please post exactly which version of -current you're using (I'm assuming 32-bit since you don't say slackware64-current), and the exact method used to boot the installer, the package source used, partition details, and any other details that you think might be important.

Im using the 32-bit. Made a DVD using the mkisofs command in the README, mirrored from ftp.slackware.com, main memory 512 MB, partitions Machine 1: /dev/sda1: 1GB swap, /dev/sda2: 19GB ext4; Machine 2: /dev/sda1 20GB xfs, no swap; Machine 3: /dev/sda1 8 GB xfs, /dev/mapper/home: 120GB xfs (home).

With "Full Install" the installer goes through the packages; with "Menu" it skipps all packages, though I kept the packages selected when the package selection dialog popped up.

volkerdi 09-12-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guanx (Post 5026763)
With "Full Install" the installer goes through the packages; with "Menu" it skipps all packages, though I kept the packages selected when the package selection dialog popped up.

Thanks, I think you've highlighted the issue. The menu scripts also use --checklist, and the dialog change probably broke those as well.

I still have no idea what the rationale could have been for upstream to change dialog in a way that would break most scripts using --checklist. Oh well.

I'll test a fix tonight, and try to have it in place when -current bumps to 3.10.12 (rc1 is in stable-review, so it shouldn't be too long).

volkerdi 09-13-2013 05:06 PM

Should be fixed now... since the maketag scripts aren't part of the installer image, I saw no reason to wait another 24 hours for 3.10.12 to be approved.

Let me know if it isn't working. Thanks!

guanx 09-14-2013 10:36 AM

Yes, it works.

gordydawg 09-14-2013 02:55 PM

Confirming the maketag script changes to Current for Sept 13, 2013. Menu option in the installer works now.

Thanks Pat!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.