LinuxQuestions.org
Did you know LQ has a Linux Hardware Compatibility List?
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
dumdadum
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Distribution: Slackware 14.1
Posts: 215
Blog Entries: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Thumbs up


Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
really dunno what's happening to you but let's try in another way: download this (an already patched version of the script on SBo), uncompress it, put the sources tarball inside the resulting directory and launch the build.
Quote:
Will do, thanks a lot. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Dumdadum
Just a little question: this script you give me so kindly does include the compiling of all the dependancies that gst-plugins-bad needs that slackbuilds.org talks about right?

Thanks for the answer,
Dumdadum

Last edited by dumdadum; 09-08-2013 at 01:31 PM.
 
Old 09-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 2,435

Rep: Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdadum View Post
Just a little question: this script you give me so kindly does include the compiling of all the dependancies that gst-plugins-bad needs that slackbuilds.org talks about right?
no, it's just the gst-plugins-bad's one modified to build fine if opus is installed.
 
Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
dumdadum
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Distribution: Slackware 14.1
Posts: 215
Blog Entries: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
no, it's just the gst-plugins-bad's one modified to build fine if opus is installed.
Maybe I said it wrong... here are the dependencies that gst-plugins-bad needs in order to work at its best... This is taken from slackbuilds.org:

Code:
This optionally depends on orc, libass, libcdaudio, celt, libdc1394, dirac,
libdca, libdvdnav, faac, faad, flite, gsm, libkate, liblrdf, slv2,
libmms, libmodplug, libmimic, libmusicbrainz, libofa, OpenAL, opencv,
opus, TiMidity++, soundtouch, swfdec, xvidcore, libvdpau, schroedinger,
libvpx and rtmpdump.
So your modified script does meet those dependencies right?

By the way, I compiled and it succeeded. So really, a big thanks. I appreciate. I just want to be sure though that all those optional dependencies are compiled with the script you so kindly gave me.

Cheers, waiting for your reply,
Dumdadum
 
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 2,435

Rep: Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdadum View Post
here are the dependencies that gst-plugins-bad needs in order to work at its best... This is taken from slackbuilds.org:
Code:
This optionally depends on orc, libass, libcdaudio, celt, libdc1394, dirac,
libdca, libdvdnav, faac, faad, flite, gsm, libkate, liblrdf, slv2,
libmms, libmodplug, libmimic, libmusicbrainz, libofa, OpenAL, opencv,
opus, TiMidity++, soundtouch, swfdec, xvidcore, libvdpau, schroedinger,
libvpx and rtmpdump.
those dependencies are not needed for it to work at its best, they're just the ones gst-plugins-bad supports: if it's built with support of a lot of codecs it's not automatically "best"

but I've tested a build with all those optional dependencies installed and it went fine, if you want a confirmation about that

Last edited by ponce; 09-09-2013 at 08:57 AM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
dumdadum
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Distribution: Slackware 14.1
Posts: 215
Blog Entries: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
those dependencies are not needed for it to work at its best, they're just the ones gst-plugins-bad supports: if it's built with support of a lot of codecs it's not automatically "best"

but I've tested a build with all those optional dependencies installed and it went fine, if you want a confirmation about that
Thanks, thats what I wanted to know, if those dependencies were met. Thanks for the help friend, I really appreciate.

Until next time, (=
Dumdadum
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
David93
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Feb 2009
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 10

Rep: Reputation: 0
... Thanks a lot Ponce, it works for me
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to build gst-plugins-bad with musicbrainz support? imitis Slackware 1 10-19-2011 01:22 PM
gst-plugins-(good and ugly) not building, but bad does samac Slackware 5 09-06-2009 12:58 PM
error in gst-plugins-base-0.10.22 for GNOME sumeet inani Linux - Newbie 0 03-16-2009 11:27 PM
gst-plugins-bad error regarding x264 agrestic Slackware 6 02-24-2009 11:54 PM
installing gst-base-plugins ankscorek Linux - Software 1 01-18-2007 03:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration