Don't know where I'm going wrong, except maybe version number.
Installed fresh Slackware 13.1 x64, first thing I did was followed all the steps in Slackware:multilib
. Then I downloaded skype from their page, version 184.108.40.206 and script from slackbuild
but for version 220.127.116.11.
In Slackbuild howto
, with example of chemtool, it states
If your version of chemtool is newer than what is specified in the SlackBuild script, you will need to change the script accordingly. Using your preferred editor, open the chemtool.SlackBuild script and find the line which starts with "VERSION"
Change this line to reflect the current version of the chemtool source.
so I changed the version number, and following info in Multilib - compiling_32-bit_programs
I changed ARCH to ARCH=x86_64
Considering LIBDIRSUFFIX="64", couldn't find anything related to it so figured it's not that.
and after that went to tmp and installed package. Everything seemed to go fine but when I try to run it inside KDE it is just loading for long time and then nothing.
Output from ldd:
/usr/bin$ ldd skype
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0xf765f000)
libXv.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXv.so.1 (0xf765a000)
libXss.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXss.so.1 (0xf7657000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xf764e000)
libQtDBus.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4 (0xf75d4000)
libQtGui.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4 (0xf6b43000)
libQtNetwork.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4 (0xf6a1d000)
libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4 (0xf679b000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xf6782000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf6692000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xf666b000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf664e000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xf64eb000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xf64e7000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0xf63cc000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0xf63be000)
libQtXml.so.4 => /usr/lib/qt/lib/libQtXml.so.4 (0xf637a000)
libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0xf6376000)
libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0xf62a6000)
libpng14.so.14 => /usr/lib/libpng14.so.14 (0xf6280000)
libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0xf626c000)
libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xf61f5000)
libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0xf61bb000)
libEGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/libEGL.so.1 (0xf61ae000)
libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0xf61a6000)
libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0xf618f000)
libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0xf6186000)
libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xf6157000)
libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0xf613f000)
libuuid.so.1 => /lib/libuuid.so.1 (0xf613b000)
libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0xf611b000)
libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0xf6117000)
libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf6112000)
seems fine but if I try running skype I get
Output from zgrep:
zgrep IA32 /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_IA32_AOUT is not set
Seen someone asking for output from zgrep on other post so guess it's helpful, and output from "ls -1 /var/log/packages/*" is http://pastebin.com/yAa8ukSZ
Though seems that this guy
used same version of skype as slackbuild and missed few packages which as far as I can see, I haven't.