LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   sbopkg error message. (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/sbopkg-error-message-751593/)

glore2002 08-31-2009 04:02 PM

sbopkg error message.
 
When trying to run sbopkg under slackware64-13, it shows the following message:

Quote:

ERROR
sbopkg: Invalid repository descriptor

Line
SBo 13.0 "SBo repository for Slackware 13.0" _SBo rsync slackbuilds.org::slackbuilds/13.0 GPG
of
/etc/sbopkg/repos.d/40-sbo.repo
specifies an unknown fetching tool (rsync).
Since I have no experience using it, I guess, there is something I am missing to set up.

Thanks,

mRgOBLIN 08-31-2009 04:52 PM

Do you have rsync installed?

chess 08-31-2009 05:03 PM

Have you changed anything in any of the sbopkg files in /etc/sbopkg (other than copying or moving sbopkg.conf.new to sbopkg.conf)? Unless you want to do some advanced work with a 'local' custom repo, which sbopkg supports, there really should be no reason to change anything in the files in the /etc/sbopkg/repos.d directory.

Is this a stock (full install) of Slackware 13.0?

glore2002 08-31-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chess (Post 3664549)
Have you changed anything in any of the sbopkg files in /etc/sbopkg (other than copying or moving sbopkg.conf.new to sbopkg.conf)? Unless you want to do some advanced work with a 'local' custom repo, which sbopkg supports, there really should be no reason to change anything in the files in the /etc/sbopkg/repos.d directory.

Is this a stock (full install) of Slackware 13.0?

Thanks chess for your help. yes, it is a full install of slackware64-13.
Does sbopkg work fine with slackware64?

Once I reinstall, I will try to configure sbopkg again and will let you know.

Thanks again,

chess 08-31-2009 09:31 PM

Yes, sbopkg 0.30.1 works just fine with Slackware64.

glore2002 09-01-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chess (Post 3664775)
Yes, sbopkg 0.30.1 works just fine with Slackware64.

So, please, let me know how you install it and how you configure it in Slackware64. That way I'll make sure I do it as it should be done.

Thank you Chess!

chess 09-01-2009 05:33 AM

Just install the 0.30.1 package using 'installpkg' and then run sbopkg as root. If you think you might have messed up your previous sbopkg install, I would uninstall it with 'removepkg' and then reinstall. The only other thing you need to do is rename the /etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf.new file to /etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf -- other than that, you should be all set.

I just installed 0.30.1 on a fresh install of Slackware 13.0 64 bit last night and it worked fine.

glore2002 09-01-2009 07:55 PM

Thanks Chess! I've installed sbopkg and it works fine. Very nice tool and very useful.

Zmyrgel 09-14-2009 11:57 AM

I get the same error as original poster.

I have rsync installed and I tried reinstalling sbopkg. I then copied the config file and it should now have all the default options.
When I run 'sudo sbopkg' or run it as root account I get the error presented in the first post.

I'm running Slackware64. Any ideas what to try next?

BCarey 09-16-2009 10:47 AM

I'm getting the same error message as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled sbopkg, to no avail.

Brian

chess 09-16-2009 11:11 AM

This is very strange. I have installed sbopkg 0.30.1 on at least 3 clean, full installs of Slackware64 13.0 since its release and have never seen this message once. And nobody else has reported it on the ML or elsewhere other than the folks here in this thread. I would check that you all have full, clean installs of Slackware64 13.0 and that you have removed all prior versions of sbopkg prior to installing (not upgrading) sbopkg 0.30.1. I would also check and make sure you are running sbopkg as root (not using sudo, since that is not supported), which is now required. I will continue to poke at this and see if I can reproduce the error. It seems like the /etc/sbopkg/repos.d/40-sbo.repo file is not being parsed correctly or something along those lines.

BCarey 09-16-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chess (Post 3685338)
This is very strange. I have installed sbopkg 0.30.1 on at least 3 clean, full installs of Slackware64 13.0 since its release and have never seen this message once. And nobody else has reported it on the ML or elsewhere other than the folks here in this thread. I would check that you all have full, clean installs of Slackware64 13.0 and that you have removed all prior versions of sbopkg prior to installing (not upgrading) sbopkg 0.30.1. I would also check and make sure you are running sbopkg as root (not using sudo, since that is not supported), which is now required. I will continue to poke at this and see if I can reproduce the error. It seems like the /etc/sbopkg/repos.d/40-sbo.repo file is not being parsed correctly or something along those lines.

I have a full install. I removed sbopkg (with removepkg), /etc/sbopkg, /home/sbopkg, and then installed again. Same problem.

The only non-vanilla thing is I have installed the multilib packages from Eric H. Could these be creating a conflict?

Brian

chess 09-16-2009 01:13 PM

Brian, no, I don't think the multilib packages should affect this. Are you using Bash 4 by chance from /testing?

BCarey 09-16-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chess (Post 3685536)
Brian, no, I don't think the multilib packages should affect this. Are you using Bash 4 by chance from /testing?

No, I'm not.

Brian

slakmagik 09-16-2009 07:07 PM

What is the output of `cat -A /etc/sbopkg/repos.d/40-sbo.repo` and `/bin/bash --version`? (3.2 will also mess it up.)

The only thing I'm aware of that can produce that message is if the 5th field does not contain an empty string or the strings 'rsync' or 'git' or the shell is not bash <3.2.

If that's not the case, it really is a stumper.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.