SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Distribution: Slackware 14 (Server),OpenSuse 13.2 (Laptop & Desktop),, OpenSuse 13.2 on the wifes lappy
Got the tarball from the link in your readme. Noticed it was a different tarball so just edited the slackbuild to change that No.only. Wouldn't have thought that would make a great deal of difference. But just in case, do you have a link to version 8.721
I will put my steps here, hope will help:
1. - I download the files in this post
2. - download the driver from here: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...21.orig.tar.gz
3. - I put all the files in a folder:
3.1 - Ati Driver
4. - Then inside the folder in a terminal you run
sudo sh fglrx.SlackBuild
5. - You see the output, when it ends you just run in the terminal
sudo installpkg /tmp/fglrx*.tgz
6. - At this time the driver is installed, I recomend reboot the box
7. - Finaly you just have to run
to update your xorg.conf
8. - Start X server and run
if the commands work correctly the driver is installed and functioning.