[SOLVED] No Kbd/Mouse in X - Slackware 13.0 upgraded from 12.2
SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
No Kbd/Mouse in X - Slackware 13.0 upgraded from 12.2
- PS/2 mouse works fine under gpm
- PS/2 Keyboard works in console terminal
- Neither Mouse nor Keyboard works under kdm or xdm
- And: #ps aux | grep hal
82 4259 0.0 0.3 6472 1240 ? Ss Mar10 0:02 /usr/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --use-syslog
but does not show anything like:
root 4298 0.0 0.1 3300 544 ? S Mar10 0:00
hald-addon-input: Listening on /dev/input/event1
- And syslog show: when starting hald with --verbose=yes --use-syslog
Mar 10 20:30:48 darkstar hald: 20:30:48.792 [E] hald.c:124: Cannot
start addon hald-addon-keyboard for udi
- You will find that deleting:
(and of course: /etc/rc.d/rc.hald restart)
- will allow hald to start the correct module:
- instead of trying to start a non-existant file:
My theory is that since hald is the same version in 12.2 and 13.0, hald blieved that the cache file held valid information, when in fact it did not. I did not think to check the modification date before deleting the file.