No Kbd/Mouse in X - Slackware 13.0 upgraded from 12.2
- PS/2 mouse works fine under gpm
- PS/2 Keyboard works in console terminal
- Neither Mouse nor Keyboard works under kdm or xdm
- And: #ps aux | grep hal
82 4259 0.0 0.3 6472 1240 ? Ss Mar10 0:02 /usr/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --use-syslog
but does not show anything like:
root 4298 0.0 0.1 3300 544 ? S Mar10 0:00
hald-addon-input: Listening on /dev/input/event1
- And syslog show: when starting hald with --verbose=yes --use-syslog
Mar 10 20:30:48 darkstar hald: 20:30:48.792 [E] hald.c:124: Cannot
start addon hald-addon-keyboard for udi
Mar 10 20:49:41 darkstar hald: 20:49:41.651 [E] hald_runner.c:671 : Error running 'hald-addon-keyboard':
org.freedesktop.HalRunner.Failed: Start request failed
- You will find that deleting:
(and of course: /etc/rc.d/rc.hald restart)
- will allow hald to start the correct module:
- instead of trying to start a non-existant file:
My theory is that since hald is the same version in 12.2 and 13.0, hald blieved that the cache file held valid information, when in fact it did not. I did not think to check the modification date before deleting the file.
Please put the answer in a new post for the benefit of other people.
This has been hanging around in zero replies but it's solved.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.|