Originally Posted by Dan_Acroid
Hi, can you please answer what helped you to connect ltfs partition.I have the same problem
Dan_Acroid, what do you mean by "I have the same problem"?
You do not mention any error messages, so I don't know how to help you.
I can give you some information:
- I had to use Standalone and not Automation HP package;
- there were some errors while trying to compile HP package from source (but at this moment I remember nothing about these errors).
When finally package got compiled and installed, I was able to play with LTO5 tape:
1. Format tape: /usr/local/bin/mkltfs -f -d /dev/st0;
2. (optional) Check tape: /usr/local/bin/ltfsck -m /dev/st0
3. Mount tape: /usr/local/bin/ltfs your_mount_point -o devname=/dev/st0;
4. Umount tape: umount your_mount_point;
5. Delete tape content: /usr/local/bin/ltfs -o --device=/dev/st0;